User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado looks crowded

Going to twin lakes area for some boondocking from what im seeing looks like alot of people.
    Anyone been on july 4th weekend how bad is it ?
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    Going to twin lakes area for some boondocking from what im seeing looks like alot of people.
    We live in CO and camp at those boondocking places all summer. Twin Lakes is a popular spot all during the summer and especially on the holidays. We normally book Whitestar campground via recreation.gov. If you are booking an official lot somewhere...I would do it soon.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    People will say, "Colorado is full. No room left."

Most of the public land around there is National Forest, so you really need to look for where disbursed camping is allowed. The Twin Lakes area is part of the USFS Leadville Ranger District, so I'd contact them for suggestions.

If you don't mind going south from there, Chaffee County is astounding wonderful for scenery & camping. I did a recreation map for that area which might be worth looking through - https://arcg.is/iDyPa
    signature

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    We live in CO and camp at those boondocking places all summer. Twin Lakes is a popular spot all during the summer and especially on the holidays. We normally book Whitestar campground via recreation.gov. If you are booking an official lot somewhere...I would do it soon.
    If you just want to camp in the BLM land around the Twin Lakes---there's hundreds of acres available for dispersed boondocking that is first come/first serve. I would get there earlier in the week to find the best spot and you will be fine. Allot more people are camping now and using the recreation.gov website to book their sites. It is allot harder to play the reservation game and get the lots/times you desire especially on the holiday weekends.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    People will say, "Colorado is full. No room left."

Most of the public land around there is National Forest, so you really need to look for where disbursed camping is allowed. The Twin Lakes area is part of the USFS Leadville Ranger District, so I'd contact them for suggestions.

If you don't mind going south from there, Chaffee County is astounding wonderful for scenery & camping. I did a recreation map for that area which might be worth looking through - https://arcg.is/iDyPa
    Wow thanks for the map !!
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few place picked out our rig is kinda big so not as much available for boondocking for us .
    Just from Google satellite it looks plenty busy .
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl