User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12v Furrion frig always running , a furnace question , dinette cushions

I have a 2023 Imagine 2670. I have been out twice with it. The refrig runs for one minute and off for 2 mins. I timed it for 30 mins. The frig had been on for 2-3 hours and the temps were 32 in frig and 9 in freezer. This was using the batteries.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

Another issue I have is the lowest temp I can set the furnace thermostat to is 60 degrees. That's way to warm for me while sleeping.
    I asked Grand Design about these issues on a phone call and they said to check videos on line because they didn't know if they could be adjusted. Apparently they don't know their products(?)

Last issue I have is the dinette cushions don't fit inside the framework, they sit on top. Grand Design put two velcro strips on the back of each back cushion to try and keep them in place. Well, if I force the cushion inside the framework (in order to contact the velcro), the cushions bow outward and pull the velcro off. Grand Design sent new cushions, thank you, but they're the same as the original.

I guess I need to call Furrion directly (for the appliances) but I don't know if they will talk directly with a customer rather than a dealer.

P.S. Trailer had a warped door next to the fireplace which Grand Design replaced promptly, only problem is it wasn't pre drilled (for handle) and routed for the hinges. I contacted the person I talked to originally and haven't heard back.

I do love the trailer but I would like to get these issues resolved.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwins View Post
    I have a 2023 Imagine 2670. I have been out twice with it. The refrig runs for one minute and off for 2 mins. I timed it for 30 mins. The frig had been on for 2-3 hours and the temps were 32 in frig and 9 in freezer. This was using the batteries.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

Another issue I have is the lowest temp I can set the furnace thermostat to is 60 degrees. That's way to warm for me while sleeping.
    I asked Grand Design about these issues on a phone call and they said to check videos on line because they didn't know if they could be adjusted. Apparently they don't know their products(?)

Last issue I have is the dinette cushions don't fit inside the framework, they sit on top. Grand Design put two velcro strips on the back of each back cushion to try and keep them in place. Well, if I force the cushion inside the framework (in order to contact the velcro), the cushions bow outward and pull the velcro off. Grand Design sent new cushions, thank you, but they're the same as the original.

I guess I need to call Furrion directly (for the appliances) but I don't know if they will talk directly with a customer rather than a dealer.

P.S. Trailer had a warped door next to the fireplace which Grand Design replaced promptly, only problem is it wasn't pre drilled (for handle) and routed for the hinges. I contacted the person I talked to originally and haven't heard back.

I do love the trailer but I would like to get these issues resolved.
    It looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to come to learn from other GD owners. Understandably you have some questions about your new coach. You may get more answers if in the future you separate the questions into separate posts in the appropriate part of the forum.

It's not entirely clear to me what your issue with the frig is. Those temps don't sound too bad with battery use. Regarding your furnace use, with the thermostat set to 60 F, you're saying it is too warm. But you don't say much about where/how you're camping, a bit of context would be helpful.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say wait and see on the fridge. It looks like it has only been running a few hours. Give it time to completely cool and then see how often it cycles.

On the thermostat, if the minimum setting is 60 and you want it lower, you will likely have to replace it with a different one. Our GE went down to 40 in our previous trailer, but I haven't checked the new one yet. 60 would be too warm for us too so if that's the case, I'll be swapping it. Preferably for one that includes wifi.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)