User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mat for Pass through Storage Area and Cabinet Shelf Paper Suggestions Please

Good Morning Fellow RV'ers,

Does anyone have recommendations for a liner or mat for the pass-through storage area on a new GD Reflection 297rsts? Looking for something that will prevent damage from heavy items moving around on floor. Space is probably 8' x 3' or so. Also, any reccs for shelf paper to line cabinets with? Thank you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used a diamond rubber mat (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubber-C...0-15/301919677 ) for the front storage on our 2450RL. It covered the whole area with a little extra to extend up the sides. I mitered the cuts and used Gorilla tape in the joints. Once it takes a set it works great in IMHO. Lapping it up the sides and taping the corners it actually held some water with out getting the floor wet. Does have a rubber odor for a while, but we left it air out a bit before we actually installed it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200913_131304.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	44739
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a mat from Dicks or Big 5 sporting goods store. The kind that goes under a bicycle stationary trainer. It was about an inch short lengthwise in our Solitude. I used double sided tape to hold it down. It was about $20-25 four years ago.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s actually not a bad idea. Our rig is going on three years old. We haven’t used anything and it seems to be ok. Like the diamond mat thought.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shelf liner can be any of the liner rolls that you see in the stores. Avoid the smooth ones, try to get one with a bit of texture to help eliminate sliding. In between plates and cups etc I use a cut piece of the waffle tool box liner to keep shifting at a minimum while in transit and if they fit the cups beer cozies work too (I collect free ones at the shows and other events)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a different take on sliding and lining the floors of basements/storage compartments. If things didn't slide relatively easily, I couldn't get them in and out of the basement on our Solitude (nor our previous Reflection, for that matter) - especially things toward the center of the basement. While I would love to have a cushioned mat on the floor in there, it would make things unworkable for me. Instead, I use large tubs (Rubbermaid) to contain smaller things by category and arrange those and the other larger items so that they don't slide around during travel. 7-1/2 years and over 44,000 miles of towing and we've not had any issues doing it this way.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 02-04-2023 at 10:07 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^^^^^I agree, I want to be able to slide stuff in farther than I can comfortably reach, and a mat would make that a bit more difficult. I like the idea, but the actual function wouldn't work for me.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought about doing something like this. I hate carpet.

rattle can bed liner

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I have a different take on sliding and lining the floors of basements/storage compartments. If things didn't slide relatively easily, I couldn't get them in and out of the basement
    Rob
    Same here - need to slide the rubbermaid containers. The only place I installed the diamond mat was in the front compartment under the batteries - just to keep them a little more from slipping around.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also order some of these. I use them inside the trailer as well. You guys just convinced me to put in my storage areas as well. The rubber bottom doesnt slide but you can slide your storage boxes. My concern is just for keeping the bin floor clean and protected a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...740_em_1p_1_lm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast