User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biery-Bullock View Post
    the WFCO WF-8735LiS used in the Imagine XLS (or at least in the 21 BHE model we have) has a switch.
    That's a much better choice than the auto-sensing charger. I have the WFCO WF-9855-AD, which is the auto-sensing one. The problem is that it doesn't always stay in lithium mode even when one has gone through the full discharge cycle that is required to recognize a lithium battery. With a switch hopefully, the charger will stay in lithium mode.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    I have the WFCO WF-9855-AD, which is the auto-sensing one.
    OOPS I replaced our original WFCO converter with the WF-8735LiS model, which was the switchable "dual mode" one available at the time and that I thought GD was putting in current models. I just checked the GD website, and it appears (from the parts lookup) that the 2022 Imagine XLS rigs still have FLA-only converters. I also checked the WFCO website, and the LiS version has since been replaced by the auto-detect version that you have. Sorry for the confusion.
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biery-Bullock View Post
    The auto-sensing may be true for you Solitude owners, but the WFCO WF-8735LiS used in the Imagine XLS (or at least in the 21 BHE model we have) has a switch. And did I mention we don't have auto-leveling either!
    You are very lucky. I got a 2022 Imagine XLS 23lde which has a 8735AD-GE which is an auto detect. Had nothing but problems trying to get it to switch over to charge to lithium. WFCO told me I have to disconnect the solar panel, do a full charge cycle while nothing in the rv is on AND that I have to move the batteries within 10 feet of the converter. Super bummed about the whole situation.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCelestina View Post
    You are very lucky. I got a 2022 Imagine XLS 23lde which has a 8735AD-GE which is an auto detect. Had nothing but problems trying to get it to switch over to charge to lithium. WFCO told me I have to disconnect the solar panel, do a full charge cycle while nothing in the rv is on AND that I have to move the batteries within 10 feet of the converter. Super bummed about the whole situation.
    Sounds like WFCO Auto Detect is a real POS !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes you wonder about the people manufacturing something like that and the people at GD who looked at it and thought it would be a good fit for the 23LDE (or didn't look at it at all). I mean, the battery is up front and the panel is in the rear with virtually no place for a battery or batteries in the back unless they thought someone would want to use kitchen cabinet space for them. I haven't looked at my WFCO yet to see which model it is. Guess it's a good thing I'm planning to install a Multiplus...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen this video (https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...mpressed.mp4)? The important point may be the cycling of the converter early in the process. I have a WFCO AD converter, that is on my list of spring tasks. I'd try discharging a single battery below 10%. Then hook the battery up directly to the charger with a short cable. Once you've cycled the power, as per the video, then let the charger complete the charge of that battery. I'm pretty sure once you've completed a cycle you'll be OK when you move the battery back to it's normal home. Let us know how you make out.
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Have you seen this video (https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...mpressed.mp4)? The important point may be the cycling of the converter early in the process. I have a WFCO AD converter, that is on my list of spring tasks. I'd try discharging a single battery below 10%. Then hook the battery up directly to the charger with a short cable. Once you've cycled the power, as per the video, then let the charger complete the charge of that battery. I'm pretty sure once you've completed a cycle you'll be OK when you move the battery back to it's normal home. Let us know how you make out.
    What a PIA procedure. Why not just have a switch! Can just see some persons electrocuted if the take the unit apart. I have a lead acid convertor or mine and mulling updates for 2024 (electrical)...start small and work up.....likely will change the converter to a dual mode with.....hopefully a switch.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    What a PIA procedure. Why not just have a switch! Can just see some persons electrocuted if the take the unit apart. I have a lead acid convertor or mine and mulling updates for 2024 (electrical)...start small and work up.....likely will change the converter to a dual mode with.....hopefully a switch.
    Gotta say I totally agree with you. But if you already have an AD model, it may work if you do the dance just right.
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    I agree the WFCO Converter has issues.

Here are a couple of posts which may help you with your Conversion...

Installing-a-Solar-System-in-Phases

Lithium-over-Lead-Acid-Batteries
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I agree the WFCO Converter has issues.

Here are a couple of posts which may help you with your Conversion...

Installing-a-Solar-System-in-Phases

Lithium-over-Lead-Acid-Batteries
    I am looking forward to doing the conversion and am in the planning stages. I looked at Installing-a-solar-System-in-Phases and if you look at post 15....we had conversed previously.

FYI I am following your advice as in "building in stages". Have purchased 2 books on the subject matter and am going thruj some websites as well. Taking lots of notes and when I pull the trigger it will be a pretty decent system that will meet my needs. Will likely look you up for advice at some point.

All the best.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast