Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manual Slide Nut Came off

My wife and I were trying to extend one of the slides today. The electric motor refused to engage so thinking it was just stuck I tried to extend it with the manual operation. After putting a tiny amount of pressure the manual portion failed. I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about. Curious to see how labor intensive it would be to fix myself. It's a 2022 Imagine 3100RD.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a slide failure, it would not extend. I tried to extend it using the manual crank and the nut on the end of the manual shaft sheared right off.

The dealer repaired this under warranty and I’m not sure exactly what was done. I know now that the manual crank should turn very easy and slowly crank the slide in or out. If it does not turn easily, it is jammed and the shaft will just fail if you put any torque on it.

If it happens again, which it has not for many miles and cycles, I would drop the coroplast and try to discover where the jam is. I think that quite a few parts can be accessed and replaced without removing the slide.

But. This is not really a campground kind of repair. If it were to happen on the road, I would try to find a mobile tech to do the work.

Just my two cents.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainrv View Post
    My wife and I were trying to extend one of the slides today. The electric motor refused to engage so thinking it was just stuck I tried to extend it with the manual operation. After putting a tiny amount of pressure the manual portion failed. I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about. Curious to see how labor intensive it would be to fix myself. It's a 2022 Imagine 3100RD.
    Here is what I found when I tried doing a dry run of using the manual crank out systems to make sure they worked.
    I also rigged several extensions and a 3/8" socket so I could use my electric drill to accomplish this task quickly.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lide-Crank-out
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3382.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	44757
    This is what came off.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I had a slide failure, it would not extend. I tried to extend it using the manual crank and the nut on the end of the manual shaft sheared right off.

The dealer repaired this under warranty and I’m not sure exactly what was done. I know now that the manual crank should turn very easy and slowly crank the slide in or out. If it does not turn easily, it is jammed and the shaft will just fail if you put any torque on it.

If it happens again, which it has not for many miles and cycles, I would drop the coroplast and try to discover where the jam is. I think that quite a few parts can be accessed and replaced without removing the slide.

But. This is not really a campground kind of repair. If it were to happen on the road, I would try to find a mobile tech to do the work.

Just my two cents.
    Okay, thank you. Good to know. We're set up now, the electric motor engaged and the slide came out. Once it warms up a little more I'll get under there and check it out.
    Last edited by mountainrv; 02-03-2023 at 08:09 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    Here is what I found when I tried doing a dry run of using the manual crank out systems to make sure they worked.
    I also rigged several extensions and a 3/8" socket so I could use my electric drill to accomplish this task quickly.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lide-Crank-out
    Thank you. This is some really good info. I had no idea that it was for the opposite side which was already out . I will definitely be bookmarking that and referencing it later.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainrv View Post
    Thank you. This is some really good info. I had no idea that it was for the opposite side which was already out . I will definitely be bookmarking that and referencing it later.
    Oh my. So it was the sewer side slide that wouldn’t move?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload