User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    2. The cabinet under the sink is very dark, and it would be nice to have some light under there. Is there a source of electricity (preferably 12 volt) that I can easily tap into?
    As @SolarPoweredRV has suggested, I put a battery powered, motion sensing puck light under the sink in the kitchen island. I use rechargeable batteries in it (AA) and only have to recharge the batteries once or twice a year. It has worked very well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled a drawer out last night and could see the converter under all the wires, so today I pulled the 10 screws off and removed the vent panel. The first thing I saw was a 120VAC plug that was not completely plugged in. Plugged it in all the way. Next thing I noticed was all the sawdust in there. Once we're all out of the Foretravel and into the Reflection I can bring the small vacuum cleaner in and suck up that crud.

Until the warranty is expired I don't want to do too much, but I'm really surprised at the mess of wires in there. Not the way I would have done it, but I suppose that their way is faster. I'd really like to reroute and maybe shorten some of those wires. That way I can actually get to the converter if needed.

While I was looking around I saw a reference on the 120VAC panel to "inverter prep" but so far I haven't seen anything about an inverter present. Is there one? If so, where?

To clarify, the battery disconnect switch in the pass-thru should be OFF?
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is always a chicken and egg thing...lol. On or off. In this case you want the disconnect switch to be off, meaning is is disengaged and allowing the converter to work properly. In the off position the key will be in (at least that is how mine works). It is is turned and the key is out, the converter and battery are disconnected. Again, key in and you should be all good.

BTW, that 120 plug is for the converter, so by plugging all the way in it may have solved your problem.

Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 02-03-2023 at 12:26 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, to me the Battery Disconnect Switch is in the "OFF" position when the key is turned and removed. That means the power is "OFF".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled a drawer out last night and could see the converter under all the wires, so today I pulled the 10 screws off and removed the vent panel. The first thing I saw was a 120VAC plug that was not completely plugged in. Plugged it in all the way. Next thing I noticed was all the sawdust in there. Once we're all out of the Foretravel and into the Reflection I can bring the small vacuum cleaner in and suck up that crud.

Until the warranty is expired I don't want to do too much, but I'm really surprised at the mess of wires in there. Not the way I would have done it, but I suppose that their way is faster. I'd really like to reroute and maybe shorten some of those wires. That way I can actually get to the converter if needed.

While I was looking around I saw a reference on the 120VAC panel to "inverter prep" but so far I haven't seen anything about an inverter present. Is there one? If so, where?

If you have a residential fridge you'll have an inverter somewhere, if you have a 12V fridge, or adsorption you won't normally have an inverter installed.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12