User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Galaxy S23 Phones

Just curious if anyone else has chosen to pre-order the new Galaxy S23 series phone? I'm a fan of their Note series and decided this was the year to upgrade my Galaxy Note 10+ and get a Galaxy S23 Ultra. I hate saying goodbye to my microSD card slot but I no longer get system updates on my phone and thought it was time for the upgrade. Mostly interested in the upgrades to the camera tech on the phone. Hopefully it will prove well worth the upgrade!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    Just curious if anyone else has chosen to pre-order the new Galaxy S23 series phone? I'm a fan of their Note series and decided this was the year to upgrade my Galaxy Note 10+ and get a Galaxy S23 Ultra. I hate saying goodbye to my microSD card slot but I no longer get system updates on my phone and thought it was time for the upgrade. Mostly interested in the upgrades to the camera tech on the phone. Hopefully it will prove well worth the upgrade!
    I'm upgrading from a Note 20 Ultra to the S23 Ultra in 1TB and Sky Blue color. I too will miss the microSD slot since I frequently swap out memory cards. My pre-order package is with the Galaxy Watch 5 and the Buds Pro 2. Why not?
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    The microsd is why I dont plan on upgrading my s20 any time soon. The DW has a s22 and loves it. Really the only reason why I would even contemplate an upgrade is if the battery starts going south.... then, maybe? But, I read somewhere that some have been able to install bigger batteries..... might have to weigh it out then. Besides, with tech being what it is, and the fact I used my S9 for so long before uping to my s20, I will wait till they improve bandwidth tech on phones and especially towers before dumping more money into another brick. Hate buying promising tech with less than promising usage results for just a few more bells and whistle software gimicks.

Had the original BLAZING FAST iPhone 3 when it first came out that turned out to be my first learned mistake at not waiting for impulse buyers to test it out first..
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pre-ordered Zfold4s last Sep upgrading from our ancient s7s (mine was an edge which I really liked). A lot of apps would no longer run on our s7s. Bigger screen is easier for us to read. They also came with the watch and buds. The noise canceling on the buds is really very good - I was surprised as I always had over the ear noise cancelling earphones when flying. Also enjoying the watch. All in all, a very good combination.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    We pre-ordered Zfold4s last Sep upgrading from our ancient s7s (mine was an edge which I really liked). A lot of apps would no longer run on our s7s. Bigger screen is easier for us to read. They also came with the watch and buds. The noise canceling on the buds is really very good - I was surprised as I always had over the ear noise cancelling earphones when flying. Also enjoying the watch. All in all, a very good combination.
    Wife originally wanted one of them when we got her s22, but we opted to skip it because of some screen issues.... have you heard or experienced any?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Wife originally wanted one of them when we got her s22, but we opted to skip it because of some screen issues.... have you heard or experienced any?
    I had read some with the initial production overseas had some issues but supposedly that was corrected before distribution in the U.S. We haven't had any issues. They came with a factory screen protector on the inner large screen and a case with stand and pen.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My S10 is working just fine, sd card slot and at the end of the day I still have 40-50% battery left.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are trading in our S22 Ultras for the S23 Ultras. We're getting $1000 trade in credits per phone, so it was a simple decision to pay 200 bucks for a new top-tier phone. We love the S22, and as long as the S23 is at least as good, it'll be a great phone. The photography is insane for a phone and actually does better pre-processing photos than my Nikon dSLR (except for the telephoto aspect, but the optical and digital zoom on the S22 was surprisingly good).

When Samsung folding phone technology improves a bit and comes with the S-pen imbetted (I use the S-Pen a lot), I'll probably go that route.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my S23 Ultra and tried some zoom capability pics. I was holding the phone in my hand taking pictures. Granted not the clearest pictures but pretty impressive I thought.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230219_144213.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	44987

Airplane at 10X and 100X

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230219_143359.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	44988
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS