Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'21 Solitude - water heater, furnace issues

No hot water or heat ! Just purchased used solitude - Gas is flowing to stove but no heat or hot water. This is my first time with RV, would someone mind telling me some steps to get started? (Do u need to light a pilot light? Flip something “on”… ) I understand the thermostat, so I think I’ve got that correct (gas heat or electric and heat— neither get warm). The heat has setting does nothing. Do I need to turn something on with the control panel?
    Thanks so much in advance!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

To better help with your issues, you might want to say how your setup is configured.

Is the thermostat controlled by the One Control system (i.e., all controls performed through the main LCD panel) or does each AC unit have an individual control in its associated area of the RV on the wall?

For the water heater, is the gas and/or electric mode selected on the main control panel? Depending which model WH you have, some have a physical switch on the WH itself located at the access panel on the outside of the RV. If you have an on demand WH, this will be a different setup.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the furnace run?
    Does it blow cold air or is it not doing anything
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepfam View Post
    No hot water or heat ! Just purchased used solitude - Gas is flowing to stove but no heat or hot water. This is my first time with RV, would someone mind telling me some steps to get started? (Do u need to light a pilot light? Flip something “on”… ) I understand the thermostat, so I think I’ve got that correct (gas heat or electric and heat— neither get warm). The heat has setting does nothing. Do I need to turn something on with the control panel?
    Thanks so much in advance!
    There are 3 units with separate thermostats (Airxcel).. only one has the heat option. I flipped the 2 switches on the control panel to “on” … ‘gas’’ and “electric “ water heater— I flipped them both…

Nothing happens at all when I use heat “gas”- doesn’t blow or anything. Heat electric does blow air from the ceiling- but it doesn’t stay on?

Please excuse my ignorance! Everything seems so easy with the 3 minute intro!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No- nothing… the gas stove works, so I guess my tanks are good, but I don’t know if I need to light something?…

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a simple rest will fix the furnace. I'd try the simple route first, go through the selections until it says off on the thermostat. Turn it back to gas heat and see what happens. If no luck, turn off all power to AC unit and converter using breakers, and flip the battery disconnect switch to turn off 12v power. Turn everything back on and try gas heat again.

If that doesn't work, there is more troubleshooting to do.

Did everything work correctly when you purchased?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just went through these steps- still nothing from heat gas… I thought everything worked fine during the walk through but honestly didn’t notice the heat since the fireplace and everything was on..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are any other 12v items working like your ceiling lights? Your battery disconnect might be on or low voltage. Are you plugged into shore power? Have you verified the fuses?
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes- so weird- I feel like I’m missing something obvious. Thanks GD forum!! If we figure it out, I’ll update in case someone else has the same issue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to exterior of your trailer and remove the Hot Water Tank Shield. Take a step back from it and look at the left bottom portion of the tank. You will see an On/Off switch. You have to turn that switch to on whether you are running electric or gas. I’ve forgotten this switch on several occasions and I’m reminded we don’t have any hot water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast