User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding the water system

Different manufacturers, different ages, different designs. After 10 years in the Foretravel we pretty well had the water system figured out. After less than a week in the Reflection we're still learning.

1. The Nautilus panel has a pull handle for a grey tank. Back at the dump station there are two grey tank handles with a black tank handle between them. What does the handle at the Nautilus panel do? When we did the walk-thru the handle was pulled (valve open). Should I leave it open? If so, what does it accomplish?

2. When we wash our hands in the bathroom the pump runs for a few seconds, shuts off for a few seconds, then repeats. This makes for a rather uneven water flow. When I fill the kitchen sink to wash dishes I don't notice that. The pump comes on and stays on until I'm done filling.

3. The dealer raved about the instant hot water, but I haven't seen it. It still takes about a minute to get hot water to the kitchen sink. Is this normal?

Since this is a new trailer, still under warranty, I want to be sure that there actually is a problem before I ask the dealer to fix something. We head out for the summer's adventures in March, and those adventures start with a trip back to the dealer to fix whatever needs fixing.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Different manufacturers, different ages, different designs. After 10 years in the Foretravel we pretty well had the water system figured out. After less than a week in the Reflection we're still learning.

1. The Nautilus panel has a pull handle for a grey tank. Back at the dump station there are two grey tank handles with a black tank handle between them. What does the handle at the Nautilus panel do? When we did the walk-thru the handle was pulled (valve open). Should I leave it open? If so, what does it accomplish?

2. When we wash our hands in the bathroom the pump runs for a few seconds, shuts off for a few seconds, then repeats. This makes for a rather uneven water flow. When I fill the kitchen sink to wash dishes I don't notice that. The pump comes on and stays on until I'm done filling.

3. The dealer raved about the instant hot water, but I haven't seen it. It still takes about a minute to get hot water to the kitchen sink. Is this normal?

Since this is a new trailer, still under warranty, I want to be sure that there actually is a problem before I ask the dealer to fix something. We head out for the summer's adventures in March, and those adventures start with a trip back to the dealer to fix whatever needs fixing.
    1. It is for the washer/dryer gray tank. If you don't have a washer/dryer, you won't ever use it.

2. The bathroom spigot doesn't draw as much water as the kitchen. The pump runs off of pressure. If it senses the right amount of pressure, it will shut off until it calls for pressure again.

3. The instant hot water isn't under your sink, so it will take a bit to get from the actual heater to the spigots.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. So there isn't a pressure tank in the system? I wonder if I could add one someday.

UPS brought my water filter system today, so tomorrow I'll figure out exactly how I'll carry it. One possibility is to mount it on one of the storage bay walls, but it is rather heavy (20-25 lbs), so I'm not sure that that would be a good idea. Another idea is to forget the mounting bracket (which would save several pounds) and just keep it in a plastic tub.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Thanks. So there isn't a pressure tank in the system? I wonder if I could add one someday.
    Yes, there are a few threads here on the forum on folks who have installed accumulator tanks. It's on my list of future mods for just the reason you mentioned (frequent pump running). I've been thinking about this one (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N9VF6Q).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S