Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxxair fan beeping

For some reason tonight, our Maxxair roof vent fan in our 2018 297RSTS is not working properly. We were not trying to use it, but all of a sudden it started to beep and then the vent keeps trying to close, even though it is already closed. We are unable to close or open the vent from the wall switch, only manually. I am ready to rip it out of the roof due to the constant beeping.

We have tried shutting off all power, both battery 12V and the main breaker. This did not reset the fan.

I will try and call a friend who is a bit more trailer savvy than us, but wondering what it could be.
    2018 GD Reflection 297RSTS
    2015 GMC Denali Dually

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is most likely a bad circuit board.

To stop the beeping, pull the fuse. If it is under warranty, you can reach out for a replacement. The board is easy to replace.

Please check back with updates.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill, I suspected that also. Can you tell me where the fuse is located? I can’t see anything in the main panel in our trailer.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labretrieverlover View Post
    Thanks Bill, I suspected that also. Can you tell me where the fuse is located? I can’t see anything in the main panel in our trailer.
    It is a dc appliance so it should be on the dc side of the distribution panel. As you open the entry door to the rig it should be right there on the floor. It may be combined with other dc items.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's out of sync... try manually opening it so it can close by itself. Maybe that will make it happy.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been fairly quiet today, so I’m crossing my fingers it will stay that way. Bill, I do see the DC fuses, but it must be tied in with something else, as I’m not seeing just the fan on a fuse.

I’m at the start of a trip, so would have to access a mobile service to get it repaired. I will get it tended to when I get home.

Like I said, I’m not too handy with trailer repairs, especially those involving electrical.
    2015 GMC Denali Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Maybe it's out of sync... try manually opening it so it can close by itself. Maybe that will make it happy.
    I was trying to open it manually last night. It would close and then keep trying to close and beeping. If it behaves like it is right now, I’m going to leave it alone until I get home.

I’m enjoying Texas warmth (now, after the ice storm) over Canadian cold.
    2015 GMC Denali Dually

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your battery voltage at? Low battery can cause issues. Also, have you had any moisture or condensation around the fan? Sometimes moisture gets in the circuit board. Take off the protective shroud on the inside and see if you can get and dry it out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are plugged in to shore power, so battery level is full. We have had moisture (ice storm), so maybe that was an issue. It’s behaving today, but I’m afraid to try and use it.

Edit: the vent cannot be opened manually now for some reason, the fan works from the wall switch. It’s looking like this is probably a replacement issue now, but I’m glad to not be hearing the beeping.
    Last edited by Labretrieverlover; 02-05-2023 at 04:35 PM. Reason: More information

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are plugged in to shore power, so battery level is full. We have had moisture (ice storm), so maybe that was an issue. It’s behaving today, but I’m afraid to try and use it.
    Ours was haywire beeping and opening/closing as it saw fit. I noticed some condensation on lid and that it was dripping in the control board area. I wipe it all off and threw my dehumidifier at it and it worked fine after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast