Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Closet doors

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closet doors

I have a 315 RLTS and was wondering if anyone had connected the two closet doors together on the smaller hanging closet beside the bed? Was thinking about connecting them together and then opening as one. Just a thought...
    Greg & Sherri
    2016 Ford F-450 Box Truck (work)
    2021 Reflection RLTS 315
    Missouri

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gregory, not quite sure what you mean. I have a 2020 315rlts. The big closet has two barn doors on mine with a separate wardrobe on the other side of the bed. Could you elaborate a bit more?

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Gregory, not quite sure what you mean. I have a 2020 315rlts. The big closet has two barn doors on mine with a separate wardrobe on the other side of the bed. Could you elaborate a bit more?

Bill
    Yes, it would be the smaller hanging closet which shares the wall with the bathroom. Am thinking of connecting the two doors together in the middle and having them swing from the hinges towards the head of the bed. The hinges toward the hallway would would be removed and closures would be placed there. Wondering if anyone has done and if it was working okay.
    Greg & Sherri
    2016 Ford F-450 Box Truck (work)
    2021 Reflection RLTS 315
    Missouri

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. I have not tried or even thought about that. We have the king bed so there is limited room. With the king bed the door May be too big to do that. The double door works ok for me. The walk in is for the DW as is the dresser.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Yes, it would be the smaller hanging closet which shares the wall with the bathroom. Am thinking of connecting the two doors together in the middle and having them swing from the hinges towards the head of the bed. The hinges toward the hallway would would be removed and closures would be placed there. Wondering if anyone has done and if it was working okay.
    Have you measured to confirm that making the door that wide will fit in the space between the wall and the bed?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The walk in is for the DW as is the dresser." Bill, that's exactly our arrangement.

The doors are only 44" tall, so they easily clear the bed. We have the exact same thing, but we're definitely going to switch back to a queen bed. The king is just too wide.

I hadn't thought about turning the two doors into one, hinged on the right. Wouldn't be all that hard to do. One door pull could be reused, or you could just leave them where they are and buy a third door pull to put on the left side.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar