User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PMX-1 and the RFconnwct app

We recently picked up our new 349m and although we can connect BT to the Rockford PMX-1 we are unable to get the RFconnect app to see the PMX-1 that would allow control of the PMX-1 via a android phone. I have probably tried a hundred different ways to make the connection. The RFconnect app never finds the PMX-1. When the PMX-1 is powered up it displays the Grand Design splash screen so I assume that the firmware is correct. Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

This won't provide any help, but thanks for posting this, I didn't know there was an app to control the unit. I've BT connected to mine to play music from my phone onto the speakers, but I was unaware you could control the unit from your phone. Next time I have the camper opened up, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wish you could control the volume on the phone like with every other Blue tooth device, but I have not found a way other than using the app or the manual volume knob. It is very inconvenient when trying to watch a movie shared from the phone. Has anyone found a way to do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the RFconnect app is supposed to allow you to control the PMX-1 but I have not been able to get it to work.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the app working with the PMX1, but I want to control volume with my phone volume controls like it does will all my other Bluetooth systems. Having to use a separate app or the manual control is very inconvenient to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning.
    I use the PMX-1 app with my Samsung S22+ with minimal issues.
    There is a minor connectivity issue due to lack of activity between the phone and app. Like, if I have the music on for 4 or 5 hours, it takes a sec for everything to reconnect.
    The app controls the volume, outputs, and sources.
    DO NOT update the firmware on the head unit. Another GD forum reports BAD things happening.
    I find that uninstall/reinstall sometimes is the cure.

Steve
    2022 Momentum 381MS
    2021 F350 DRW