Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member KIMandALLEN1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397 dryer vent location?

We have a new 397 on order. We are having the dealer install a full size Splendide washer and dryer set. The new 397 has the w/d in the center of the nose cap closet area. I believe the previous iteration located them to the side of the closest adjacent to the dresser. Can someone tell me where they will place the exterior dryer vent? Does anyone have a photo of this on your 397 or similar unit?

Thank you.
    AP
    2022 Chevrolet 3500hd LTZ drw
    2023 GD Momentum 397THS-R (FBP!)
    2021 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a 397, but have seen the new layout in person. If I were doing it, I would probably use an elbow and run the vent out one of the sides. If I recall, the dryer vent sticker is also in the center which doesn't make much sense to me. I only did a walk through of the unit, so I didn't explore too much on the dryer vent.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still vented curbside provided you make sure you tell them you want a vented dryer. The vent just travels through the righthand wardrobe.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Splendide washer and dryer installed when we bought a pre-owned 379 a couple of years ago. The dryer recently became very slow at drying. I just removed the dryer and discovered that the dryer vent was installed on the curb side several inches below the top of the washer. The dryer is mounted on top of the washer and the vent connection is on the back. The vent hose has to go out the back, turn toward the side wall, go down beside the washer, and make another turn to meet the exterior vent. There's just a little over 2" of space between the washer and the wall, so the flex hose was just crammed in there. I'm surprised it has worked at all. It looks like the best way to fix things is to drill a new hole and mount the vent in the back, straight behind the dryer vent connection. Is it OK to drill holes in the back? My stud finder thinks it looks OK.
    Last edited by Trent K; 02-25-2024 at 03:14 PM.

Fireside Member KIMandALLEN1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dealer was actually really good about the install. They asked me which side I wanted it to vent and then showed me exactly where they planned on drilling. We went with a street side chrome vent. It appeared to be the same distance run either way and now we don't see it when we're sitting outside. We are not full time, but were out a lot last year and then did a mulit-month volunteer gig out west this winter. If pressed I'd say it is not as good as our home set up, but in general both the washer and the dryer worked fine and the vent flow is strong. AP
    2022 Chevrolet 3500hd LTZ drw
    2023 GD Momentum 397THS-R (FBP!)
    2021 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dealer knew not to trust the vent sticker on our Solitude (March 2020 W/D installation) and determined themselves where to vent it. Perhaps @huntr70 can tell you where their dealership is installing the vents on the latest 397s.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent K View Post
    We had a Splendide washer and dryer installed when we bought a pre-owned 379 a couple of years ago. The dryer recently became very slow at drying. I just removed the dryer and discovered that the dryer vent was installed on the curb side several inches below the top of the washer. The dryer is mounted on top of the washer and the vent connection is on the back. The vent hose has to go out the back, turn toward the side wall, go down beside the washer, and make another turn to meet the exterior vent. There's just a little over 2" of space between the washer and the wall, so the flex hose was just crammed in there. I'm surprised it has worked at all. It looks like the best way to fix things is to drill a new hole and mount the vent in the back, straight behind the dryer vent connection. Is it OK to drill holes in the back? My stud finder thinks it looks OK.
    After a trip to Home Depot and lots of thinking about it, here's my fix: 1) I bought a 2" thick sheet metal duct and shortened it by 9". 2) I removed the air duct tube from inside the dryer and shortened it several inches. I drilled a 4.5" hole in the side of the dryer and installed a 90 degree elbow so the air now blows from the side of the dryer instead of the back. 3) While re-installing the dryer, I aligned the dryer's elbow with the sheet metal duct and pushed the dryer over to close it up. It works!