Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeking info on where tank outlet valves are located - Momentum 385TH

Got up this morning and checked the tanks as I usually do - Black Tank 1 ready to dump, and enough in the gray to rinse the hose. Go out, pull handle for Black Tank 1, nothing. I figure there is either a blockage (possible but less likely in my opinion) or what I suspect based on feel, that the linkage has become disconnected betweeen the handle and valve.

Here is where the rough diagrams that people have been requesting would come in REALLY handy. I need to figure out what section of the underside cover to pull down to find Black Tank 1).

It is possible to get a rough measurement (something like "between x feet and y feet") from a given point, say the pin or the left side of the box where the water connections and pull levers are, to where the outlet valve on the black tank is located? Which side is it closer to - curb or street? That would give me an idea of where to start looking. It's not convenient to get to the dealer at the moment.

As a note to your documentation team - it would be really nice to have a diagram that shows a basic outline of the trailer, and where each tank is located (with the tank number labeled) under the trailer with even a rough measurement from a fixed point on the trailer (the pin, one of the walls of the connection bay, something that's standard on each model of trailer) to the leading edge and the trailing edge of each tank (that would give an idea of dimension). Even a rough measurement would be really helpful ("usually between 10' and 12' to the rear from point x", for example).

If they want to get REALLY helpful, measurements as to where the outlets and inlets are on each tank would also be helpful, as would a list of what items go to which tank (washer/dryer drain, bathroom shower, bathroom toilet, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, aft bathroom toilet, aft bathroom sink).

My VIN is in my profile.

Thanks in advance! I need to head back on my lunch hour to try to fix it.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RamGunner, maybe I can help. On mine the black tank valve is very close to the rear edge of the front belly section, and about 2-3 ft. from the curb side.

also... when I was looking at mine the valve handle extended partially through a hole in the floor of the basement behind the scenes area (if that makes sense) so you may be able to access and check it from the basement access. Not sure of ease of reaching it but should be accessible (ish) from the top.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your 385 is anything like my 355, then the valve should be in the center, at the back of where the frame steps back up to go over the axles. I hope that helps.

edited to add that I am wrong about being at the back. Someone drew a sketch and posted it on this forum. I'll see if I can find it.
    2015 F350 CC 4x4 KR High Capacity Tow Package
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    2014 Yamaha Adventurer 2+2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for that information. JCR GD, are you saying that it can be seen behind the walls in the basement storage area? If so, I have that open now (discovered a weeping water valve when getting ready to install the Progressive EMS-HW50C) so I'll trace the cable and see if I can find it. I suspect they may have had to cut an opening in the wood above it to give it room to fit based on what you are saying.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, behind the wall in the basement. Exactly, the valve is at an upward angle into the hole. I have not seen it from the top but saw it from below.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check that first thing when I get there. Thank you again!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was from PatrickCrotty.
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was on a Solitude, but I would think it is the same for the Momentum.
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Perhaps Janice can confirm that?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My memory isn't what it used to be but I think the tanks are reversed from the diagram... but if not, the valve I was looking at would be a Gray tank.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast