User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite with catch plate - King Pin Lock?

I searched on the forum and only found one related thread on this… and the best feedback was “grind the pin lock”…

So, anyone got a pullrite slider with the catch plate and use some sort of lock on the king pin? I didn’t realize this was going to be a problem until today when i was looking to lock up the pin. I’m going to try and grind it, but, i just can’t believe this is the only option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6395A05-186B-4C85-83C4-8EB4FDA532F1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1,015.5 KB 
ID:	44797

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the king pin lock away and don't worry about it. Are 5th wheel thefts a serious problem where you are?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Put the king pin lock away and don't worry about it. Are 5th wheel thefts a serious problem where you are?
    No clue. Wouldn’t be a problem at my house…

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonalyptical View Post
    I searched on the forum and only found one related thread on this… and the best feedback was “grind the pin lock”…

So, anyone got a pullrite slider with the catch plate and use some sort of lock on the king pin? I didn’t realize this was going to be a problem until today when i was looking to lock up the pin. I’m going to try and grind it, but, i just can’t believe this is the only option.

Amplock makes a king pin lock for Pullrite: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...2PVQ4PWB&psc=1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonalyptical View Post

This one works for me.

https://a.co/d/iFigRQG

I have a Pullrite slider with the capture plate and it fits by leaving room for the capture plate. It's also a lot cheaper, only $30. I've seen enough to know that all of these can be defeated with a dedicated effort, regardless of the price. A cordless grinder will make short work of any lock. A lock is largely for optics and to deter opportunistic thieves (joy riders?) hoping they will move on to the next one without the lock. I couldn't see spending 4 to 5 times the money for what is essentially the same protection.

The only way to truly protect your RV (99% anyway) is to remove the wheels and put it on blocks.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    This one works for me.

https://a.co/d/iFigRQG

I have a Pullrite slider with the capture plate and it fits by leaving room for the capture plate. It's also a lot cheaper, only $30. I've seen enough to know that all of these can be defeated with a dedicated effort, regardless of the price. A cordless grinder will make short work of any lock. A lock is largely for optics and to deter opportunistic thieves (joy riders?) hoping they will move on to the next one without the lock. I couldn't see spending 4 to 5 times the money for what is essentially the same protection.

The only way to truly protect your RV (99% anyway) is to remove the wheels and put it on blocks.
    Wholly agree with you - thank you for the link.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    This one works for me.

https://a.co/d/iFigRQGThe only way to truly protect your RV (99% anyway) is to remove the wheels and put it on blocks.
    And charge it electrically!!!! Zap the bad guys.