User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 2118 door flapper

My Norcold 2118 flapper has the sweating problem. I have adjusted the doors with washers and verified that the flapper closes properly. I cannot find where a heater wire would be connected to the flapper. The service manual and schematic states there is a heater. I do see the 3 spring contactors on the far left of the door but nothing at the flapper. I cannot see where a wire or plug would normally be. Could someone share where this connection should be?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be an "enclosed" three prong connector with 3 wires on it, coming out of the left door of the fridge. They will be on the same side of the door as the flapper piece. The flapper itself will have this recessed connector on it. You simply plug the connectors together. If you DON'T have the three wires coming out of the door edge over by the flapper location, that is a totally different situation. They may be there and just got pushed back inside the door. Here is a pic. of the connector that is inside the flapper...Notice that it can only be plugged in one way because of the shape of the connector...

Here is a pic. of the connector and wiring that should be coming out of the door itself.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the great info and pics. From your info I found the connector in the cut out of the flapper. I can not find the wire and male connector in the door. I looked behind the rubber seal all around and don't see it. Looks like I will have to plan a refr shut down and disassemble the door as much as possible to try and locate it. Thanks again for the assist

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhsjms View Post
    Thank you for the great info and pics. From your info I found the connector in the cut out of the flapper. I can not find the wire and male connector in the door. I looked behind the rubber seal all around and don't see it. Looks like I will have to plan a refr shut down and disassemble the door as much as possible to try and locate it. Thanks again for the assist
    No problem...I took pics when I did the door flapper mod about 4 years ago. I can't imagine anyone pulling that wire out of the door or removing it in any way. Good luck finding it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"