User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sudden Increase in Water Flow in Bathroom

What could be the cause of a sudden increase in water flow (I have to use the term flow because I can't measure the water pressure at any of the fixtures) in our unit - bathroom faucet, shower, kitchen faucet ? But it has certainly increased. I welcome the change, as it has always been sluggish ever since we first got the unit new four years ago. Supply pressure remains unchanged at 52 psi. I have a pressure regulator on the supply line and I measure the water pressure periodically with a quality dial gage. I checked it again today at the City Water intake at the nautilus panel It is 52 psi. Is it possible that the check valve behind the city water intake on the Nautilus panel failed in such a way as to allow more flow ? It is almost like the water is now flowing the way it was always supposed to have been flowing all along. Maybe a line had been "kinked" and is now un-kinked ?
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    What could be the cause of a sudden increase in water flow (I have to use the term flow because I can't measure the water pressure at any of the fixtures) in our unit - bathroom faucet, shower, kitchen faucet ? But it has certainly increased. I welcome the change, as it has always been sluggish ever since we first got the unit new four years ago. Supply pressure remains unchanged at 52 psi. I have a pressure regulator on the supply line and I measure the water pressure periodically with a quality dial gage. I checked it again today at the City Water intake at the nautilus panel It is 52 psi. Is it possible that the check valve behind the city water intake on the Nautilus panel failed in such a way as to allow more flow ? It is almost like the water is now flowing the way it was always supposed to have been flowing all along. Maybe a line had been "kinked" and is now un-kinked ?
    Sounds like a mystery, you're ideas about the source are as good as mine. But as you say, "I welcome the change, as it has always been sluggish". Here in New England (and probably many other places) we say 'if it ain't broke don't fix it.'
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S