User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much sealant is needed if replacing all of it on roof?

Hi,
    I've got a 2018 Imagine 2800BH TT. About how much sealant should I purchase if I plan to reseal everything on the roof this spring?

Bought it in Jan. 2021 from a great dealer who did outstanding work all over and especially with the roof sealant. It's stored next to my house, outdoors, but protected from wind and when we have leaves, it's in the shade. I keep the roof clean with the recommended chemicals and after spending half of quarantine customizing it, I take better care of it than I probably need to or should. Live in Maryland so we get all 4 seasons, but nothing too extreme.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murbot View Post
    Hi,
    I've got a 2018 Imagine 2800BH TT. About how much sealant should I purchase if I plan to reseal everything on the roof this spring?

Bought it in Jan. 2021 from a great dealer who did outstanding work all over and especially with the roof sealant. It's stored next to my house, outdoors, but protected from wind and when we have leaves, it's in the shade. I keep the roof clean with the recommended chemicals and after spending half of quarantine customizing it, I take better care of it than I probably need to or should. Live in Maryland so we get all 4 seasons, but nothing too extreme.

Thanks,
    My first impression is why would you want to reseal everything? Is there a problem you're having? I don't know how you would estimate how much you'd need, how you apply it would make a big difference. My understanding is that at the factory they have a hose. I guess if I were you, I'd get in a good supply and order more if you run out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only done touch up work. If you plan to remove all the old and put new down I estimate maybe 15 tubes. Maybe more.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murbot View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,
    I agree with @Soundsailor, why? Especially that you stated "Bought it in Jan. 2021 from a great dealer who did outstanding work all over and especially with the roof sealant". It's not something that needs to be changed regularly. If its still all good, which I'm assuming it is based on your statement, I'd simply carry 1 tube around just in case or as needed.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might pick a smaller section to do and buy more than enough for that, maybe 5 or 6 tubes. After you do that you may decide you don't really need to redo everything, or if you do you will be better equipped to estimate. Fortunately this is not a job that has to be done at one time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were going through the time and hassle of replacing all the sealant, I'd use eternabond instead.