User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchased a 2022 Imagine 2800bh Today

Hi, We purchased a new 2800bh today. It is a 2022 model year. The dealer told us that it is a late year 2022, and it has all the same features as a 2023 model. We take delivery on the 18th, so I do not have it here to be able to figure out if it, in fact, has a tankless water heater. I know it has the new 12v refrigerator and the new exterior design, like the 2023 models. Is anyone able to confirm that it has the latest water heater? Our sales person did not know. From what I can tell, it has everything that a 2023 model has but was discounted heavily since they had 2023 models on the lot also. And is there any "weak points" I should look at before we take it out for the first time? (I read something about water line connections) tia for any help here. I am like a little kid on Christmas day

Ron

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It likely does but why won’t your salesman go look?
    I personally would prefer the tank style over the tankless but I am always on shore power
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe you will have a tankless water heater on a 2022 Imagine.

There are some 2023's that don't have them. Only the newest, built in the last 2 months or so have them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronogg View Post
    Hi, We purchased a new 2800bh today. It is a 2022 model year. The dealer told us that it is a late year 2022, and it has all the same features as a 2023 model. We take delivery on the 18th, so I do not have it here to be able to figure out if it, in fact, has a tankless water heater. I know it has the new 12v refrigerator and the new exterior design, like the 2023 models. Is anyone able to confirm that it has the latest water heater? Our sales person did not know. From what I can tell, it has everything that a 2023 model has but was discounted heavily since they had 2023 models on the lot also. And is there any "weak points" I should look at before we take it out for the first time? (I read something about water line connections) tia for any help here. I am like a little kid on Christmas day

Ron
    From what I have read about the tankless WHs, I would not want one
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    From what I have read about the tankless WHs, I would not want one
    The only tankless water heater I would ever consider for a camper is made by Truma, it's really expensive though, and our 6 gallon one does just fine for us!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thanks for all the quick responses. I guess I will have to wait and see. I did not read about what brand and what people thought of the tankless water heater so I just assumed it would be an awesome feature where if we were in a park with full hookups we could take as many showers as we wanted without running out of hot water (6 people in a row) What is everyone's experience with the 6 gallon heater recovery time? We are so excited to take it out for a trial weekend.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thanks for all the quick responses. I guess I will have to wait and see. I did not read about what brand and what people thought of the tankless water heater so I just assumed it would be an awesome feature where if we were in a park with full hookups we could take as many showers as we wanted without running out of hot water (6 people in a row) What is everyone's experience with the 6 gallon heater recovery time? We are so excited to take it out for a trial weekend.
    In our 2021 320MKS, running in both gas and electric, I can take a 15 minute shower without running out of hot water. 10 minutes after I get out, my wife can take a 15 minute shower and not run out of hot water. Just anecdotal evidence, but there you go. [emoji16]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and the tankless in your new coach is probably from Dometic.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a 6 gal tank, but just from our experience:
    2 1/2 years full time in a motor home and a 10 gal Suburban water heater....never ran out of hot water in the shower. Just have to realize that you probably can't be washing a load of clothes, doing dishes, and showering all at the same time!
    The new Solitude has a 12 gal water heater so I expect similar results.
    Switching the propane on really shortens the "cycle" time. We are almost always hooked up so normally run just on electric.
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having had a dual fuel (electric/propane with tank) in our prior coach, and the tankless (propane only) in our current, each has its pluses and minuses. It was nice to be able to run off the park electricity, but performance-wise, the tankless is better (at least for us).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast