User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very rarely do you have to remove damaged races/bearing cups if you do regular maintenance and tighten castle nut as shown in video. Proper tightening of castle nut is most important part of job. It's been years since I had to remove and replace bearing cup/race.

One thing video doesn't cover in enough detail is making sure all old grease is removed from bearing cage. I use hand grease packer and keep forcing grease through bearing cage until I am sure all old grease is gone. Takes several times to get all old grease out of bearing cage. Old grease has very, very fine partials of metal or metal dust as I call it from wear of bearings and bearing cup.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 02-08-2023 at 03:06 AM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Very rarely do you have to remove damaged races/bearing cups if you do regular maintenance and tighten castle nut as shown in video. Proper tightening of castle nut is most important part of job. It's been years since I had to remove and replace bearing cup/race.

One thing video doesn't cover in enough detail is making sure all old grease is removed from bearing cage. I use hand grease packer and keep forcing grease through bearing cage until I am sure all old grease is gone.
    I use varsol.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On line classes

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    This link to Lippert axles, brakes and frames coarse was brought to our attention by another forum member. Thanks for sharing!!!
    This is excellent coarse and takes several hours to complete. Once you complete coarse take the exam and get your Certificate if you pass.
    Why pay someone hundreds of dollars to do regular yearly maintenance when you can do it yourself and know that it is done correctly.
    Most seals, bearings and other parts available on Amazon. The only special tools you may need is brass drift/punch and bearing race installation tool (can be rented at auto parts stores) - both availbale on Amazon for less than $50 for both.

This will also work with Dexter Axles

Thanks again to forum member that shared this - great people on this forum!!!

https://lippertrvowner.learnupon.com...t=%2Fdashboard
    This sounds interesting, is there a charge for taking these classes?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, free. At least I have not had to pay anything. I have taken 5 so far.
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Thank you, I guess I need to log in and check it out!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the course yesterday. I've been doing my own bearing and suspension service for years, so really can't say I learned anything. However, for those who are new at this project, I feel the information is excellent. It's presented in a concise, accurate format that's easy to understand. In addition, I feel it might present a good case that will deter those who plan to lubricate the bearings using the zerk fitting method.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12