User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    X2 on this. I made up a set of 4 2x12x12 blocks, each unit having 3 2x12/s turned across the grain from one another, then screwed together. Those become the “base” for each corner jack or stabilizer. I fill in with the Camco “lego” blocks so that the extension to the jacks and stabilizers is as short as possible.
    I did the same with treated lumber. I than bought a 1/2 rubber horse mat, cut into squares and glued to the top and bottom. end up with taller snap pads...lol
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Udale84 View Post
    Greetings all,

Just recently got a Solitude 3330RE-R. I intend on living out of this for the last year of my military career, then using for weekend getaways with the family when I get a "big boy job," post retirement. Salesman have both recommended the snap pads and the Andersen Jack blocks at the same time. However, wouldn't the snap pads be irrelevant, if I am to use the jack blocks? Not trying to cut corners, just trying to rationalize the cash, with my up comming retirement. If anyone has pros and cons of either option, or both, please let me hear them to best form a decision. Thanks in advance.

2022 Solitude 3330RE-R
    2019 Chevy Duramax 2500HD

-Jamie
    We just picked up our new 376 last October and have only been to a couple of different sites, so I can't really speak as to whether the pads or blocks are better. or if you only need one or the other. I bought the snap pads mainly for long term protection for the steel pads. I figured it would be better to have a pair of "tennis shoes" on rather than going bare foot. I'm sure the metal pads by themselves would be pretty durable, but I figured over time they might begin to rust and have to be replaced, so I just bought pads up front to protect my investment. BTW, thanks for your service and enjoy your retirement.
    George & Ronda
    2023 Momentum 376THS-R
    2020 F450 Platinum

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings all,

Just recently got a Solitude 3330RE-R. I intend on living out of this for the last year of my military career, then using for weekend getaways with the family when I get a "big boy job," post retirement. Salesman have both recommended the snap pads and the Andersen Jack blocks at the same time. However, wouldn't the snap pads be irrelevant, if I am to use the jack blocks? Not trying to cut corners, just trying to rationalize the cash, with my up comming retirement. If anyone has pros and cons of either option, or both, please let me hear them to best form a decision. Thanks in advance.

2022 Solitude 3330RE-R

-Jamie
    Hi Jamie, First, thanks for your service to our country!! I have seen several of the Andersen buckets that were cracked, not a good sight if they are yours. I have been camping for 40+ years and have been amazed that no matter how much you spend for an RV, wood blocks are still almost a necessity. I seriously looked at the Snap Pads and realized that they just increase the size of the footprint on the leg. Ended up going with pressure treated 2x12's that I painted with Flex Seal. I can then move them to various spots to keep the legs from extending any farther than needed. I also see that you are towing with a 2500HD. What kind of payload do you have with that because that is one heavy trailer? Enjoy your retirement coming up.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings all,

2022 Solitude 3330RE-R

-Jamie
    I have Snap Pads on my landing gear only. I stay over night a lot at truck stops or Walmart and I don't unhitch. I take the weight off the truck by lowering the landing gear just enough to let the truck raise up a little. I think the rest of the jacks are too low as they are, so putting snap pads on will be a problem. I very rarely use any blocks under the jacks unless absolutely necessary.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I think the rest of the jacks are too low as they are, so putting snap pads on will be a problem.
    I raised my leveling jacks 2 holes after putting on the snap pads. I probably needed only 1 hole for the snap pads, but I thought they were a little too low from the factory.

It's an easy task, but you need some strength and a big torque wrench to get the bolts to 80-120 ft-lbs depending on your unit.

Here's where they were before I raised them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210610_153817.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	44981
    signature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our auto leveling now for over 3 years, thought I would never like it as it would be just one more thing to break.
    I have to admint it is great. As far as adding anything to the jacks, I only us
    e a plastic ornage pad under each leg just to take up any variations and there is a residue of bug spray on them that helps keep those nasty pests out. As far as sway, wiggle or whatever, yeah when rear or front seem to be extended more, it does have a littel more wiggle. If the front is low due to camp spot, We carry an extra couple bags of legos that i use if it may over extend. With the wiggle, let the neighbors try to figure out what is going on! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345