User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying A New Truck

We have been looking for another truck with greater payload capacity. Thought we found what we needed but it turned out to be 2WD.

For those who bought new did the dealer match the MSRP or ask more? Our local dealer had a sticker on the window but said the actual price was close to $20,000 more!

We aren’t brand loyal but since we startled pulling TT we’ve had either GMC or Chevrolet trucks. We are looking for a gas powered 3500 dually with a crew cab. Not many trucks like that in our area so we have broaden our search nationwide.
    Bill & Rachel
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW
    2023 Host Everest
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL—( No longer own ).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this area, the "market adjustment" escalator is pretty much gone. In fact, friends are currently dealing on a loaded F350 dually and a RAM 3500 dually HO on the lots in adjacent States and both are below MSRP. The Ford has been on the lot more than 90 days.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    In this area, the "market adjustment" escalator is pretty much gone. In fact, friends are currently dealing on a loaded F350 dually and a RAM 3500 dually HO on the lots in adjacent States and both are below MSRP. The Ford has been on the lot more than 90 days.
    I was in the Charlotte, NC area late last week and noticed the dealer lots were full of trucks, including half-tons through DRWs. A GMC or maybe a Chevy dealership in the Mooresville, NC area easily had 25-30 trucks parked along the road, all with signs on the windshields advertising $6-10K off MSRP.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were searching for our truck in late 2021 the "market adjustment" situation was insane. We're in the Chicagoland area and every dealer within the area was charging $15,000+ more than window sticker MSRP and they often wouldn't tell you that until you came in. It was extremely frustrating and made the search for our truck very painful. I expanded our search online and it took a while to really find what we wanted that was actually available. The big problem then was stock (which might be the same case for you looking for very specific criteria) and that GM would post on dealer websites that they had trucks which were not even in transit to their location yet. My process was basically when I found one listed online I would immediately call the dealer so I could talk to a human and my first 2 questions were: is this truck actually on your lot and is the advertised price accurate?

We ended up finding one about 400 miles away from home. We worked with an amazing sales guy that communicated with us lots via text, pictures, and videos. He said he did a lot of out of state sales and it showed. We bought the truck without even seeing it in person, doing all the paperwork via email and then driving out of state to pick it up. We paid more than we would have pre-pandemic but that's the case with everything and you can't get mad over the past. We're happy because we got the truck we were looking for at a price we were willing to pay. We've have the truck for a year and a half and still absolutely love it.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The interesting part was the dealership in California suggested the truck be flatbed to us. If we bought and drove from California to Washington we would have to pay California tax in addition to Washington tax. If the truck was 4WD we would have bought it.

Thanks for the replies so far.
    Bill & Rachel
    2023 Host Everest

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I was in the Charlotte, NC area late last week and noticed the dealer lots were full of trucks, including half-tons through DRWs. A GMC or maybe a Chevy dealership in the Mooresville, NC area easily had 25-30 trucks parked along the road, all with signs on the windshields advertising $6-10K off MSRP.
    @Duramax I'm sorry, I really wasn't paying close attention as I drove by, but looking at the map, I'm pretty sure it was this dealership: https://www.randymarionchevy.net/

Only two 3500s listed in their inventory but they are discounting a little off MSRP and up to $4k on a few of the 2500s I clicked on. I think there are deals to be had, just not in California. (Are there ever deals to be had in California )
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    The interesting part was the dealership in California suggested the truck be flatbed to us. If we bought and drove from California to Washington we would have to pay California tax in addition to Washington tax. If the truck was 4WD we would have bought it.

Thanks for the replies so far.
    Duramax, sorry if I'm repeating something you already know, but you wouldn't double pay sales tax. The sales tax in CA ranges from 7.25% to almost 11%, depending upon the city. The most you would ever pay is the greater of the purchasing location or your local WA state sales tax. For example, If you paid 8% in CA, you would only pay the difference up to your WA sales tax. For me, that would have been 1% for a total of 9%. If the CA sales tax is greater than your WA sales tax rate, you wouldn't have to pay any sales tax when you license in WA. Unfortunately you don't get the difference back.

If you have your heart set on a Duramax, this wouldn't interest you. If you're open to other brands, call Dishman Dodge in Spokane and ask for Robert Brock. (I have no deal or kickbacks.) He was great to work with and gave me a price significantly below MSRP back in early 2022, still in "shortage" days. I had to order a truck but got it in three months.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    We have been looking for another truck with greater payload capacity. Thought we found what we needed but it turned out to be 2WD.

For those who bought new did the dealer match the MSRP or ask more? Our local dealer had a sticker on the window but said the actual price was close to $20,000 more!

We aren’t brand loyal but since we startled pulling TT we’ve had either GMC or Chevrolet trucks. We are looking for a gas powered 3500 dually with a crew cab. Not many trucks like that in our area so we have broaden our search nationwide.
    Love my new GMC Sierra AT4 3500. Ordered it new from a local dealer here in CO optioned just the way I wanted it. 8.5 weeks to receive....no markup.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 months, and 8 weeks. That’s great to hear. And some below MSRP.

Thanks again.
    Bill & Rachel
    2023 Host Everest

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM/Chevy has a special discount, through select companies. For example, DW used to work for Wells Fargo. We received about 5k off on our new '21 TV 2 years ago. When I was considering upgrading to DRW last year, some dealers will accept the discount, others won't - make sure to ask. It might have been the Family First program, or could be something no longer available, I don't recall what it was called. Check eligibility here:
    https://www.gm.com/corporate-offers
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast