User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    There were two stickers. One in the glovebox specific for slide in campers and said 3900 max. The one on the drivers side door frame was over 4000–I don’t remember exactly what it was but maybe less than 4500. I had photos of both but removed all photos from my iPhone.
    Got it, thanks. That makes more sense now.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Band1t View Post
    Duramax,

Good luck with your search. Not sure why you want a gas 1 ton? Depending on your weight towing, you may wish you had a diesel (think resale also). I ordered a Ram 3500 DRW in 2021 (truck supply's were still very very tight). I paid $6k under MSRP and I was OK with that.

On the CA dealership, it may not work as you are in Washington. I'm in Portland, and I once had a toyhauler I bought in Oakland, CA delivered to Medford, OR to avoid CA sales tax.
    Washington is a "greedy" state. If you buy a vehicle in a state with no sales tax, as soon as you license it in Washington they charge you the sales tax on the new vehicle.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Washington is a "greedy" state. If you buy a vehicle in a state with no sales tax, as soon as you license it in Washington they charge you the sales tax on the new vehicle.
    That isnt greed. Quite sure that is the same everywhere including here in Canada
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying A New Truck

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    That isnt greed. Quite sure that is the same everywhere including here in Canada
    Not so sure about it not being a means of a revenue stream. Here in CA, you only pay sales tax at the time of purchase, not at registration. Sales tax in states that have it the money goes to the state comptroller, not dmv or whatever the name is for that state. No sales tax should be exactly that , no sales tax.

On edit:
    Ok, I think I misread the original comment. It seems the poster was talking about buying a new truck in one state, then turning around and registering in another state. If that is the case, I agree with NB. If it is a “New” vehicle, sales tax should be based on the purchaser’s home address, not the locale it was purchased in.

Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 02-19-2023 at 11:48 AM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Not so sure about it not being a means of a revenue stream. Here in CA, you only pay sales tax at the time of purchase, not at registration. Sales tax in states that have it the money goes to the state comptroller, not dmv or whatever the name is for that state. No sales tax should be exactly that , no sales tax.

On edit:
    Ok, I think I misread the original comment. It seems the poster was talking about buying a new truck in one state, then turning around and registering in another state. If that is the case, I agree with NB. If it is a “New” vehicle, sales tax should be based on the purchaser’s home address, not the locale it was purchased in.

Bill
    If you buy a vehicle out of state, and bring into the state you live in, and you paid the local sales tax on that sale, you will only have to pay the difference of what your home state would charge. If you paid less than the state you live in is, you will pay the difference. If you paid more, they should not charge you anything other than admin charges. Can't be double charged on sales tax.

Registration is something different. Most dealers will work with the state you live in, and charge that amount, doing the registration for your home state instead of the one you are buying in. Some dealers will not do that, and you can get a short term temporary registration for the state you bought it in to get it home.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 02-20-2023 at 08:15 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone found a GMC dealer that is discounting a 2024 order? Best I have found is a flat $2500 off MSRP on an order.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that was my dealer I would tell them take a hike and you wont see me anymore. What are you pulling that you need a gas dually

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    If you buy a vehicle out of state, and bring into the state you live in, and you paid the local sales tax on that sale, you will only have to pay the difference of what your home state would charge. If you paid less than the state you live in is, you will pay the difference. If you paid more, they should not charge you anything other than admin charges. Can't be double charged on sales tax.

Registration is something different. Most dealers will work with the state you live in, and charge that amount, doing the registration for your home state instead of the one you are buying in. Some dealers will not do that, and you can get a short term temporary registration for the state you bought it in to get it home.
    this may not be true in all cases, when i last did this in 2010,laws varied a lot and some states had agreements with others. not sure on the present laws and agreements. be sure you know the present ones for both states before commiting to a purchase
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    If that was my dealer I would tell them take a hike and you wont see me anymore. What are you pulling that you need a gas dually
    OP has a Host Everest truck camper with estimated weight of 5600 lbs. I think he was looking at a gas engine dually to maximize payload.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GMC just put out they are suspending the production line for the 1500 for two weeks next month due to overstock.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234