User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: x chocks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I use x-chock style scissor jacks between the wheels on mine. They make a big difference. Just don't overtighten them since I hear they can bend your axle.
    I believe this to be interweb lore. Think about the weight of the trailer. Think about how much it would take to tighten your X-Chocks to even match the weight of the trailer. I think that something in the X-Chocks would give way well before you could bend the axle.

I use them and don’t give it a thought.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use XChocks and I'm not really sure they do much to keep the trailer from rocking. I will say that their customer service is very good. I had an issue with one of the chocks and the customer service was immediate and sent me a new replacement very quickly.
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have x-chocks but use them only when I am in a situation where I have to place additional leveling blocks under the tires which will defeat regular tire chocks. If our tires are off the ground when I level the rig, I place blocks under the tires where necessary to ensure the tires are supporting load from the RV. In this case, I use the X-chocks to ensure the tires are secured from rolling since regular tire chocks will not work with tires up on blocks. I chock my tires to prevent roll in forward or reverse on both sides of my rig regardless of how levers the site is. I have a six point level stabilization system on my rig. Our rig is pretty stable if our jacks have been deployed.
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde IS, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I use these. They're not the nice aluminum X chocks but they seem to work well. https://www.amazon.com/EPOARTIST-Sta...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    I use the same ones. They fit the 2600RB perfectly. I put non slip tape on mine so they grip the tire better (more friction). That way, I don't have to tighten them too much for fear of bending the axles.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    Does anyone use x chocks on their 2600RB? I will pick up my 2600RB next week and would like to order and have chocks with me if possible before I go. I do have the normal black single wheel chocks.

Thanks
    After I first bought my TT I had an incident where my TT rolled off the leveling blocks. I had two sets of traditional chocks on each side and yet it still rolled off and slipped off the block under the tongue jack. I immediately purchased x chocks to prevent this. I have used them for three years now and my TT has never come off the leveling blocks again. I don’t understand how chocking the wheels is supposed to prevent sway. You aren’t preventing the suspension from moving by chocking the wheels. I use 4 additional screw jacks in front and behind my axels to prevent movement. Just my $0.02 and you may find otherwise.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chocks, X-chocks, RotoChox, or the like will keep the tires from rolling back and forth. A very small amount of movement from the tires can be felt by some people.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set that were given to me and have never had the need to use them. I do have standard chocks but depending on where you stay, they are seldom needed. I initially tried the X-chocks but could not see any difference in stability especially if the site was level (and concrete). I don't "boondock"!
    Last edited by Jwalthall; 02-16-2023 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at a dog trial at an desert area that often had high winds, and noticed a small crowd around a camp of a participant that had recently bought his first TH. I walked over to find that it had rolled off of his leveling blocks, which caused his tounge jack to bend, and the tounge was on the ground.people were bringing over their jacks effect a rescue. After the drama was over. The obviously still shaken owner asked me;"You have been doing this a long time, how do you keep it from happening?" I told him about my hole method. He walked over to my TT and looked at it and swore a little. such a simple solution had never occured to him. Probably because he was a engineer. The next day I walked by his TH. He had his high side tires in holes, the other side was chocked, then he had it hitched to the truck, in park with the brake set. I told him that all that was needed was the holes.. He replyed " After yesterday, I'm using the Belt, suspenders and a rope method." And we all had a good laugh.
    Last edited by huntindog; 02-16-2023 at 09:14 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use X chocks in addition to the normal wedge wheel chocks. The X chocks are not rated to replace normal wheel chocks. X chocks are to help provide stability to keep your trailer from rocking.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x chocks

Quote Originally Posted by zibberfitchy View Post
    I use X chocks in addition to the normal wedge wheel chocks. The X chocks are not rated to replace normal wheel chocks. X chocks are to help provide stability to keep your trailer from rocking.
    Agree with statement. Others on this thread have also made similar statements. The x-chocks prevent forward and backward movement of the wheels, but will not prevent sliding. A chock will under most circumstances.

X-chocks will also not prevent up and down movement of the rig on its suspension or “Bounce” due to the springiness of laminated floors for those rigs that have then.

X-chocks do help but do not eliminate.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast