Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: x chocks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x chocks

Does anyone use x chocks on their 2600RB? I will pick up my 2600RB next week and would like to order and have chocks with me if possible before I go. I do have the normal black single wheel chocks.

Thanks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used x chocks on my prior coach and they worked well. Be sure to get ones suited to the gap between your tires.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    Does anyone use x chocks on their 2600RB? I will pick up my 2600RB next week and would like to order and have chocks with me if possible before I go. I do have the normal black single wheel chocks.

Thanks
    I use x-chock style scissor jacks between the wheels on mine. They make a big difference. Just don't overtighten them since I hear they can bend your axle.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I use x-chock style scissor jacks between the wheels on mine. They make a big difference. Just don't overtighten them since I hear they can bend your axle.
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know the distance between the wheels on your 2600 RB or do you know the model x chock you got?

Best,

Bob

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    Just noticed you have a Pro Pride. Ordered that yesterday. Interest free for 24 months. Already in the mail. Great people to deal with.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know the distance between the wheels on your 2600 RB or do you know the model x chock you got?

Best,

Bob
    I use these. They're not the nice aluminum X chocks but they seem to work well. https://www.amazon.com/EPOARTIST-Sta...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use our X chocks and find they do help stabilize us.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a set and use them. Their added stability is up for opinion just like blocks or no blocks under your stabilizers.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be clear, X-Chocks are for stabilization; you still need wedge chocks behind the tires.

From their own webpage, the instructions list step 1 as, Before disconnecting from your tow vehicle, place a “wedge” chock behind each rear tire. They then talk about placing the x-chock in step 7.

BAL website: https://balrvproducts.com/ultimate-g...stabilization/
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    We have a set and use them. Their added stability is up for opinion just like blocks or no blocks under your stabilizers.
    My wife and I performed a highly regulated, incredibly well designed, double-blind randomized control, cross-over study. There was no observational bias at all (well, at least until I found the receipt for the x-chocks).

We arrived at a site in NH last year. My son and I installed the X-chocks during set up as per usual, but then I loosened them so they were hanging somewhat loosely from the upper braces between the tires. I told my wife I would tighten them up at some point in the evening, and to let me know when she noticed a difference. We went about our normal evening with kids and dogs moving around inside the camper. While sitting around the campfire, she went in to use the bathroom. I stealthily snuck around the wheels and tightened the x-chocks. It was a couple of hours later as were getting ready for bed when she mentioned I had forgotten to tighten the x-chocks. To enhance the study even further, I had asked my son to randomly loosen the x-chocks at some point during our stay without telling my wife or me, but leave them tight enough so that it looked like they were properly installed (the slides extend over the wheels, so unless you bend down and look closely, you can't tell if they are properly tightened or not). My son claims he loosened them the next morning while we were out walking the dogs and we spent 2 more days with the x-chocks loose. We could never tell the difference between installed and not installed. We might have had minimal improvement when we used them on our travel trailer. Maybe. Given the rigidity of this study, (pun intended), we will publish our scientific results. In a coloring book.

I think some youtuber (Jared?) did a video where he assessed the various stabilizer systems. Don't think x-chocks faired very well. But, we still haul those things around for some reason.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 02-09-2023 at 03:00 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast