Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire Options

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Don't bother balancing them if they can't do a lug-centric balance. Which 95% of places can't do. Most wheels mount centered on the hub ring. Trailer tires mount using the lugs to center the wheels. You can likely see space around the center ring of the wheel. The problem arises when the lugs aren't exactly centered on the hub ring. Then the tire balanced with the center hole may not be balanced when mounted on the trailer. Just a FWIW. I'm going to give the Centramatic system a shot and see how it goes.
    I also used Simple Tire for our current set of "G" rated Sailun tires, had them shipped to the campground then selected a tire store to mount them. Where we were at the time, I had to use a semi tire shop as they had the only tire machine that would remove and install the new tires. The tires have super stiff sidewalls as they should, some auto tire shops machines can't handle the tires, some can. We have also used Centramatic wheel balancers since our rig was new, as far as I can tell inspecting the tires they do their job.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran Sailuns on my RVs and also on ranch trailers for the last ten years or so. They have been great.

I replaced my Westlake 14 ply’s on my Momentum last summer and ordered Sailuns again. When the came in it said they were made in Viet nam.

I did some checking and they had moved all the mfg earlier last year. There were numerous issues and Sailun ended up doing a big recall.
    I returned the Sailuns and am trying Hankook 14 ply all steel.

Hopefully Sailun has the issues worked out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    am trying Hankook 14 ply all steel.
    Second the Hankook Vantra TH31 trailer tires
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 321RL
    2022 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewallfarms View Post
    Second the Hankook Vantra TH31 trailer tires
    Same here. Another satisfied Hankook owner.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123