User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird Bench Seat Mod Ideas in 30G

So for the past year I have been trying to think of what to do with this bench seat that is awkward and not used. I have looked but cant find any threads on this. Anyone got ideas or pictures of what they have done?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-10 140719.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	893.8 KB 
ID:	44836
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gas
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 30G

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could remove the bench and backrest, put up some nice type of panel and make a little shelf on top with hooks underneath. Leave the bottom for shoes and use the hooks for coats. It can be a mudroom for the camper.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow - that is weird "bench". I guess the designer couldn't think of much else to put there - like maybe a cabinet for more storage - we never have enough of that.

I like what FT4NOW suggested.

I just looked at that again and looks up the floor plan for the 30G. I must admit, I got a good chuckle out of what GD thought was a useful thing - I saw it as another example of someone who has no idea of how we live in these things trying to "help" us. That spot looks like a perfect place for counter top with a cabinet above and below so things like keys and glasses could be kept close by the door.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is very weird.... Every time i see it i think of a chair that came out of a church. Worst part is you cant really even sit on it as is not deep enough. I have been thinking of just removing the padding and adding hooks to hang stuff but as mentions, not a lot of storage so curious what people may have done to help. I was thinking of making it a slim pantry to store food also.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gas
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 30G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to tell exactly where that seat is located in relation to the door etc. But the only thing I see is a place to sit while I slip on/off my shoes. The cubbies below look like a place for shoes? Other than that, no idea what they were thinking.
    Lots of storage possibilities, depending on how much carpentry experience you have. What's behind the backrest?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I went with the 25G. 'bench seat" was a waste of space for what you got. No reason for it. Thought it pulled out for a single bed.
    I would remove it and add a narrow depth pantry.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to look up the floorplan to figure out where it was. After seeing the floorplan, I think the designer thought that would be a good place to sit down and take off your shoes. Notice the four small spaces under the seat. Probably too small for most adults, but maybe a small child could use it. Of course, most people with a small child have more than one small child, and what do you do with the others while one is changing shoes? Nice idea, but doesn't work in reality.

What to do with the space? If you are one who changes shoes at the front door you could keep the shoe cubby and build up to a convenient height for a flat surface for keys, a few groceries, etc. If not, pull it out, too, and put a normal cabinet with top there. I'd probably take it out and put some coat hooks there.

Let us know what you decide to do. Lots of interesting ideas already.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar