User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City water overfilling fresh tank

HELP
    I've read through the similar threads on the forum and this is where I'm at:
    I have a slow leak in the system which is filling up the fresh water tank to where it overflows.
    Also the pump cycles when we have it on and no faucets/etc open.

There were two probable causes listed here.
    1) A bad check valve in the in the pump
    2) a bad blue fresh valve in the P1 panel.

I started by checking the pump, no water came backwards through the pump. (So the check valve is good)
    I've attached a picture of the P1 panel and you can see that the blue valve does not go completely vertical so I believe it is the leaker.

Next question, where can I get a replacement valve?
    Or, is it easier to replace whole P1 panel?

The spaghetti back there is a little daunting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NautilusP1.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	247.3 KB 
ID:	44839
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spaghetti.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	44840
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS

2014 F350 Crew Cab DRW
    (Yeah, it's overkill, but I sure love it when the wind gets blowing...)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the exact same issue in my 399. It was a bad blue valve. I opted to rip out the entire system and make my own. You can find the thread and pictures if you search 'good bye Nautilus' (make sure to leave a space between good and bye).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @KeDoCruising, here's a link (https://www.bandbmolders.com/index.php/nautilus/) to the Nautilus manufacturer. You should be able to get the part from them. Their repair manual is at https://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-cont...-P1-Repair.pdf
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had blue valve problems ( I broke off the handle on a winter camping trip) and purchased a replacement from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-City-W...%2C104&sr=8-24

My unplanned filling of the fresh tank last year was the check valve at the pump so I added an external check valve and problem solved.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I just had blue valve problems ( I broke off the handle on a winter camping trip) and purchased a replacement from Amazon.

My unplanned filling of the fresh tank last year was the check valve at the pump so I added an external check valve and problem solved.
    Do you have the Nautilus P1? The OP had a problem with the P1. From the repair manual (page 28), it looks like the Blue Valve and the White valves are connected in one part, "DUAL DIVERTER VALVE –BLUE & WHITE HANDLES". Were you able to get the RecPro part to work in a P1?
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you can get the dual diverter valve here: http://682831.shop.netsuite.com/s.nl...ory.7228377/.f
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Do you have the Nautilus P1? The OP had a problem with the P1. From the repair manual (page 28), it looks like the Blue Valve and the White valves are connected in one part, "DUAL DIVERTER VALVE –BLUE & WHITE HANDLES". Were you able to get the RecPro part to work in a P1?
    I have an Imagine so it isn’t the P1. The right valve in your link is a much better deal then Amazon.
    Last edited by Pap and Mimi; 02-10-2023 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Hey @KeDoCruising, here's a link (https://www.bandbmolders.com/index.php/nautilus/) to the Nautilus manufacturer. You should be able to get the part from them. Their repair manual is at https://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-cont...-P1-Repair.pdf
    Just got the part ordered, I'll post an update with notes on the repair. In the meantime, I rigged up a hose from the overflow into the sewer so I'm not flooding the campsite anymore....
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS

2014 F350 Crew Cab DRW
    (Yeah, it's overkill, but I sure love it when the wind gets blowing...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post

We have a 2018 2500RL Imagine and had the blue valve replaced twice. It still fills the fresh tank to overflow with the gate set to city. Does the part you linked fit the panel with no modification? Also, Where would we look to add an external check valve? Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AriseLisa View Post
    We have a 2018 2500RL Imagine and had the blue valve replaced twice. It still fills the fresh tank to overflow with the gate set to city. Does the part you linked fit the panel with no modification? Also, Where would we look to add an external check valve? Thanks!
    The linked valve from Amazon fit the panel and is working well.

If your fresh tank is filling while set to "city", you need to determine the path the water is taking. Thre are 2 common paths "blue handle" valve, and pump check valve.
    One way to see if it is bypassing the water pump check valve is to open the Nautilus panel and pull out hose you use to winterize. Remove the plug in the end of the hose and place the hose in an empty bucket, set the valve to the winterize position and observe if water comes out of the hose with the main valve set to "city".

I added an external check valve from the local hardware store, to the outlet side of the pump.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast