User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone use Eternabond tape on all roof seams?

I recently made a repair with some Eternabond tape. Seems like some pretty tough stuff so I ordered another roll and plan on taping all of my roof seams. Hopefully it will save me from caulking every year. Anyone do this? Did you like it? I have read about the problems of removing it if needed but I don't see the big deal of simply cutting it away and repairing again if I need to...which hopefully I won't.
    Opinions?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the YouTuber “love your RV”
    He has done it and is a good source for reviews
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some members on here have done this where the roof meets the front cap.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this on my previous RV. It worked well. I did the front and rear seam where the fiberglass roof met the front and rear cap on a motorhome.

I've also used it on my current rig to patch a few bad self leveling caulk bad spots. I have a few posts here about that on the corners and on my slide outs.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 20 year old Class A that was needing some maintenance on the roof seams, so I went ahead and did Eternabond tape everywhere. Seemed to work well, I didn't keep it long enough to find out how well it would hold up over years though. I think it cost around $400 for enough tape to do everything. I wouldn't do it on a new roof, but would certainly consider it for an older rig.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it about a year ago and it seems to hold up. Only issue I see is if I have to replace something (shower skylight, fan), I have to be very careful cutting the tape to do the replacement. Last thing I want to do is cut the membrane.

I also replaced the molding where the roof membrane is attached to the walls with automotive trim. The automotive trim has grooves that fit the rail and is more water tight than the cheap trim they use. You might check out this for the trim mod: start at 0:39 for the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a6XU_pDslU&t=219s
    The automotive trim can be found here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
    I recently made a repair with some Eternabond tape. Seems like some pretty tough stuff so I ordered another roll and plan on taping all of my roof seams. Hopefully it will save me from caulking every year. Anyone do this? Did you like it? I have read about the problems of removing it if needed but I don't see the big deal of simply cutting it away and repairing again if I need to...which hopefully I won't.
    Opinions?
    Ran the Eternabond tape along the outside where the roof membrane rolls over the side for added barrier against tree limbs. As for removing the Eternabond tape good luck just trim the old and apply new over, this one of those things you should have in RV repair kit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCFEB59E-7D56-4177-B802-8D831FE71C9C.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	44911
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towards the end of my first year of ownership (2021), I used the tape around the seams. I was surprised by the amount of uneven gaps between the roof and the sides of the trailer. I watched many youtube videos and was sold on the product. Installation takes practice, but it all worked out. I plan to install a Maxie fan in the near future, but plan to use the tape around all accessories on the roof.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel