User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 2930RL-R roof wiring access

Hello friends, wondering if anyone knows how/where wiring can be pulled from the basement to the roof of a 2930RL-R? Ours has a sticker that states solar/satellite access channel, but the sticker is affixed to the black wall panel just inside the door where the satellite coax connectors are rather than the ceiling. Additionally, I don’t see any cover plates/sealant on the roof that lines up much to any of the walls that would make me think I found the location.

I purchased the new starlink permanent dish that allows usage while in tow and moving so it’s intended to be a permanent install, hoping someone here has had experience running wire for this or even solar or other items of a similar nature. I can always use my starlink portably but it’s just not as sexy that way
    Last edited by Jmatech; 02-11-2023 at 09:09 PM.
    2022 2930RL-R
    Live, Love, Laugh, Camp!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you're pretty new here @Jmatech, welcome to the forum. Have you tried reaching out to GD Customer Service, they might be able to help you with the channel location. Be sure to have your VIN number handy. If you ask, they may be able to furnish some diagrams of your build.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can share with you what I did to run our solar cables down. Just in front of the plumbing vent, just in front of the bathroom skylight towards the center of the roof there is a Dicor sealed metal plate over an opening. Take off this plate and you can pass a cable down the center of the rig into the basement. If you take out the back wall (easy 4 screws) of the closet under the fuse panel you can see the cable run. I used flexible fish tape to find the way down. Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works out. Oh, I have that sticker for "solar/satellite" access. I did not find anything on the roof that seemed connected to it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 3550 which is a 2930 with a bunker on the back. When I changed out my converter I found a small string stapled to the wood structure under the shower (in the basement behind the false walls) that I assume leads me to the roof wire run opening. As @MaddyBob said, I would take the blank cover off the roof. You may have a string or other pulling device for wires already in that run from the factory.
    2021 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Solitude 3550BH-R w/factory solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others mentioned the sealed access cover on the roof is right above the hallway fuse panel. The roof passthrough drops right behind the fuse panel, and from there straight down to the basement. to get at it in the basement, I believe you'll need to remove the angled black vertical panel that gives access behind the Nautilus. Removing the rear panel of the coat closet will give you a good view.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddyBob View Post
    I can share with you what I did to run our solar cables down. Just in front of the plumbing vent, just in front of the bathroom skylight towards the center of the roof there is a Dicor sealed metal plate over an opening. Take off this plate and you can pass a cable down the center of the rig into the basement. If you take out the back wall (easy 4 screws) of the closet under the fuse panel you can see the cable run. I used flexible fish tape to find the way down. Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works out. Oh, I have that sticker for "solar/satellite" access. I did not find anything on the roof that seemed connected to it.

Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the tip, I called GD as well
    And they indicated the same path you are mentioning. I just received my starlink in-motion kit so I’ll be trying this next weekend and will report back!!

Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Jmatech; 02-19-2023 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Because I don’t know what I’m doing
    2022 2930RL-R
    Live, Love, Laugh, Camp!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    As others mentioned the sealed access cover on the roof is right above the hallway fuse panel. The roof passthrough drops right behind the fuse panel, and from there straight down to the basement. to get at it in the basement, I believe you'll need to remove the angled black vertical panel that gives access behind the Nautilus. Removing the rear panel of the coat closet will give you a good view.
    Excellent thanks to you as well, btw we have almost the same towing vehicle. I have an ‘18 SRW Mega
    2022 2930RL-R
    Live, Love, Laugh, Camp!