Quote Originally Posted by KenSher View Post
Welcome and we hope you do get the GDRV 5th Toyhauler that fits your lifestyle the best!
We only purchased used 1 time, a 19ft travel travel (TT) 1999.
FROM that point on Brand New RVs. We wouldn't do it any other way.
GrandDesign is absolutely FABULOUS. Our experience have been extremely successful. 2019 381M Toyhauler for our needs...Side-by-side. We Boondock mostly. Large tanks were a must with a fueling station.
Remember to THINK ABOUT the main way you will be living - RV Parks, Boondocking or Both?
We wish you an Amazing New Chapter in your life!
Be sure to get a heavy duty truck (used is ok - low mileage if possible.)
Enjoy Life!
As many have noted--there are lots of deals to be had on new and used TVs and RVs. Most have their preference on whether they buy new or used. I can say that I have bought both new and used for the TV and RVs and prefer to buy new trucks and very slightly used RVs. The trucks to me are way more important as to how they have been maintained, used, broke in, and etc. than a camper. My last two RVs have been incredible deals that we found from people that used them for a handful of nights and then decided to get out from under them at a ridiculously low price. The last one we bought saved us over $30K new and it was used like two weeks total since it was purchased. You can then take that saved money and get a nice TV that you own, break-in correctly, and maintain to last for a very long time. I prefer also to let the first owner fight with the selling dealer and the manufacturer to get all the big and little warranty items addressed so that I don't have to deal with it! Same thing with a new vs. slightly used house. Dealing with all the warranty items can be frustrating.

On the TV, last year I sold my 2017 GMC 3500 diesel for $10K more than I paid for it just three years before. I used that money and ordered the new GMC AT4 3500. Using the diesel TV equity in today's economy will get you further than it ever has in the past.

Good luck. There's always very good deals to be had if you wait patiently and search.