Thread: Garage Blinds

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garage Blinds

Hi all,

I hope everyone is enjoying their Super Bowl Sunday!

We just took delivery of our 398M and are super excited to finally have it home. One of the first things we want to look at are blackout shades for the garage as our kids will be sleeping in there and some campgrounds have insane lighting levels that really light up the interior of a camper and disturb sleep. What has anyone else done to replace the factory shades in their garages?

Thanks,
    Clif

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could cover them with a light blocking fabric like some other brands do.

They attach with snaps around the window.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a reasonable option. Can you find them aftermarket, or is it something you'd have to create yourself?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update for everyone.

My daughters learned sewing in their interior design class, so we enlisted them to find some light blocking fabric and sew the fabric in such a way that it fits nicely over the valances in the garage. It's as dark as a cave in there now.
    2022 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 GMC 3500 DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just installed a black out blind 90" wide and 86" long. wireless and rechargeable .... 500 cycles to a charge!!! 10 min to install and was 500.00 canadian. you can get in diff colours or net, mine was to block tinted glass doors leading to patio... cuz at night with lights on people can see right into trailer. would also make a great back drop for projector !! AMAZON