User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used velcro on the the display on the inside of my cabinet door. Just open it up when we hook up.
    Scott and Brenda
    2019 F250 6.2
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Bulldog wired. It's located under the sink. Easy to see it lit when we first plug in but the readout is on my phone. Monitoring is nice at morning breakfast when we use several appliances at the same time.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a hardwire surge protector and before installing it I talked to Grand Design. I was told installing this would void my warranty.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiceknight1 View Post
    I purchased a hardwire surge protector and before installing it I talked to Grand Design. I was told installing this would void my warranty.
    I don't think so, unless the surge protector caused the issue you are filing a claim for, this is the basis of the Magnuson- Moss warranty act. I'm not a legal expert, so take my advice as a random dude on the internet.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I don't think so, unless the surge protector caused the issue you are filing a claim for, this is the basis of the Magnuson- Moss warranty act. I'm not a legal expert, so take my advice as a random dude on the internet.
    I wasn’t filing a claim and there were no issues with my RV. It was for prevention. I never installed it because of what Grand Design told me about the warranty.
    Last edited by Janiceknight1; 02-25-2023 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Addition

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t filing a claim and there were no issues with my RV. It was for prevention. I never installed it because of what Grand Design told me about the warranty.
    That is just corporate talk. Of course any modifications done to anything will void the warranty on it
    Example: welding a hitch to the frame will void the warranty but it won’t void the warranty on things other than the frame
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    That is just corporate talk. Of course any modifications done to anything will void the warranty on it
    Example: welding a hitch to the frame will void the warranty but it won’t void the warranty on things other than the frame
    Such things CAN void the warranty, but the manufacturer is required by US law to show proof, in court if it goes that far, that the modification or aftermarket part caused the failure if denying a warranty claim.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you weren't filing a claim. You said they told you it would void your warranty. My point was if you install the surge protector, and you have to file a claim, they can't deny it just because you have an aftermarket part installed unless that part caused whatever the claim was being filed for.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Washing your RV can void the warranty too....If it is done wrong. Most people are confident in their ability to sucessfully do that chore without incident. Some are comfortatible installing a surge protector properly and do so sucessfully as well.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234