Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2600RB Furnace issue - Blowing hot air under the kitchen counter

Hey folks,

Not a newbie the RV world, but new to GD. We just bought a 2023 Imagine 2600RB. We noticed today that when the furnace is ON, most of the heat istrapped under the kitchen counter where the heating unit is installed. The sink was super hot and decided to go check the furnace. To my big surprised I noticed that one of the output (4") was not even connected and blowing hot air under the sink and counter... My guess is that they forgot to connect that output, as we also confirmed that the second vent in the room was not pushing hot air...

I think I will use that unconnected output and add another registration output underneath the oven to blow hot air directly in the living space.

unless I have to leave it open for venting??? Waiting for your reply folks!

[IMG]IMG_1372.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1372.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are four heater outlets in the 2600 RB. Three that you can see, one you can't.

1. In the bedroom
    2. Under the counter extension
    3. Behind the commode
    4. Into the underbelly

It shouldn't get hot under your sink other than from ambient air contacting the hot heater box. If you don't have airflow at those locations, something's missing.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    There are four heater outlets in the 2600 RB. Three that you can see, one you can't.

1. In the bedroom
    3. Behind the commode
    4. Into the underbelly

It shouldn't get hot under your sink other than from ambient air contacting the hot heater box. If you don't have airflow at those locations, something's missing.
    Hey uwskier... Thanks for the info. FYI, on the pic, you see the opened output, most of the hot air is going out from that port... Trust me, it's abnormal the amount of heat under the counter. The sink get super hot! I will search again and send a pic to the dealer where we bought it!

We shall see!

cheers!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. In the bedroom
    3. Behind the commode
    4. Into the underbelly

My trailer also has a 5th outlet...In the shoe storage next to the entrance door.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    My trailer also has a 5th outlet...In the shoe storage next to the entrance door.
    interesting. Mine might too. Never got down there and looked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heat in this unit is a joke! Mine had the 5th outlet from the furnace unattached and the same problem. I installed the 5th outlet to the 2nd outlet in the bedroom; what a disaster! Unconnected the second vent to the bedroom, bought a coil of 4 in duct and installed a duct from the furnace to a grill at the end of the shoe bin. Installed an inline booster fan in the duct going to the bathroom; moved the 2 inch duct going to the shoe bin from the duct feeding the bathroom and connected it to the duct I added. The booster fan is controlled by a current sensor on the 12 volt line feeding the heater. Engineer who designed this system should be fired !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outlet in the shoe bin is a 2 inch "T" off the 4 inch line feeding the bathroom; as if there wasn't little enough heat going to the bathroom already !!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughere View Post
    The outlet in the shoe bin is a 2 inch "T" off the 4 inch line feeding the bathroom; as if there wasn't little enough heat going to the bathroom already !!
    I installed closable registers in the bedroom and under the flip up counter extension. I also replaced the 2 inch "T" with a 4 inch for more air flow in the shoe bin and to the bathroom. Unfortunately, the heat to the bathroom is still pretty weak. When we are hooked up we use our small 1500W ceramic heater in the bathroom during showers. If we have no shore power, we have to rough it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I installed closable registers in the bedroom and under the flip up counter extension. I also replaced the 2 inch "T" with a 4 inch for more air flow in the shoe bin and to the bathroom. Unfortunately, the heat to the bathroom is still pretty weak. When we are hooked up we use our small 1500W ceramic heater in the bathroom during showers. If we have no shore power, we have to rough it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    How did you get at the T?

We rarely use our propane heat though. We usually use one of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in the main cabin and one of these (https://www.amazon.com/500W-Plug-Hea...f=sr_1_4_sspa?) in the bathroom. We run the roof HVAC fan at night to keep the heat level consistent throughout the coach, and keep the thermostat for the propane heat seat to around 70f, so it will kick on on the coldest nights to augment the electric heat. Unless it's under 30f outside, we don't really ever hear the propane furnace kick in.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get at the T?

We rarely use our propane heat though. We usually use one of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in the main cabin and one of these (https://www.amazon.com/500W-Plug-Hea...f=sr_1_4_sspa?) in the bathroom. We run the roof HVAC fan at night to keep the heat level consistent throughout the coach, and keep the thermostat for the propane heat seat to around 70f, so it will kick on on the coldest nights to augment the electric heat. Unless it's under 30f outside, we don't really ever hear the propane furnace kick in.
    We rarely use our furnace also, generally don't do too much camping when it's cold. To get to the "T" you have to remove the power center, and also the drawer above it. The drawer removal makes it much easier to work on, as there are a mess of wires back there!
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH