Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they'll sell those really cheap.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have one on our slide out that's on the same side as our awning & it works just fine. Sometimes its windy & we don't have our awning out, so its nice to have the slide topper.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MTSR! I sent a request to truetopperusa as their system looks efficient -- especially in a tight stance as the 23 Imagine 2670MK we are planning to pickup next week. Hopefully they have system that'll work. My Dealer indicated they have to shorten the slide topper width by 3" (both sides) to clear the full awning arms -- something I think would not be "optimum".

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching intently at answers to your question. We plan topics up our 2023 2670MK next week, but already been warned about the curb-side slide topper not being "fullwidth". Always something one has to compromise wrt RVs.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majormaxie View Post
    Thanks MTSR! I sent a request to truetopperusa as their system looks efficient -- especially in a tight stance as the 23 Imagine 2670MK we are planning to pickup next week. Hopefully they have system that'll work. My Dealer indicated they have to shorten the slide topper width by 3" (both sides) to clear the full awning arms -- something I think would not be "optimum".
    Quote Originally Posted by Majormaxie View Post
    Watching intently at answers to your question. We plan topics up our 2023 2670MK next week, but already been warned about the curb-side slide topper not being "fullwidth". Always something one has to compromise wrt RVs.
    @Majormaxie -

Welcome to the forum. Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SO has asked the dealer to do this. They initially told us they didnt think it could be done, but she insisted they could do it and to make it happen. We'll see what it looks like in 10 days when we pick it up. If they pull it off (no pun intended) I'll shoot some snaps so others can see how they did it.
    If it's a hot mess, I'll just slink off into another thread shamefully. :-)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awaiting the outcome....

Quote Originally Posted by GoodScout View Post
    My SO has asked the dealer to do this. They initially told us they didnt think it could be done, but she insisted they could do it and to make it happen. We'll see what it looks like in 10 days when we pick it up. If they pull it off (no pun intended) I'll shoot some snaps so others can see how they did it.
    Hope it works out -- for you, and afterwards, for me.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    At this point (the camper is only two weeks old) I haven't decided if I'm going to install a slide topper on the passenger side slide or not.
    When you get to the decision making point, post up a pro and con thread. Curious what people will have to say.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodScout View Post

I curious, was the dealer able to put a slide topper over the kitchen (passenger) side out? If, so what type and model did they use? Pics would be great too!

If possible I definitely want toppers on both slides. It was a real PITA sweeping the junk off the top.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I've thought about doing just what you've said and only putting a slide-topper on drivers side slide. Having said that we sometimes camp at the beach where it get so windy that I'd be afraid to leave my awning out even a foot.

At this point (the camper is only two weeks old) I haven't decided if I'm going to install a slide topper on the passenger side slide or not. I'd just like to know if its possible and if someone has done it. If they did, I'd like to know what model they used and how it worked out. I've called the Libert (Solera) and Carefree tech support and they could not give me an answer.
    Hi BeerBrewer, I am watching the too as we are to pick up our 2760MK in less than 2 weeks. First, toppers are great because of the debris from a few days camping gets knocked off without having to go up on the roof, inspect such, and sweep. But again, getting on this roof is not hard -- I did so for 10 years with my Coachmen Apex which required a separate ladder. We plan to do the driver-side, but I like to know if a topper can be installed on the passenger-side. I too dont wish to have a 21-ft awning opened, even a few feet, with coastal or plains winds.

My dealer claims they can do an install, BUT, they require the next smaller size, which takes off 3" form each side of the slide out. Seems to be an "almost" solution but for the price, I want a yes or no, not gray. So I am looking at he replies here to make my decision. Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast