User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had basically the 2014 version of your F150 Supercrew. The 3.5 EB is a great towing engine. We upgraded our trailer and according to the specs we were fine. IIRC the trailer was in the mid 7k weight range. I bought a tongue scale and figured out that my TT tongue weight was 1000lb even. FML. The rating on the OEM hitch is 1050lb max. Needless to say I was right at or over a few of my ratings even with an empty bed. If you are towing it 30 min away to the lake or something its prob fine but long trips will be uncomfortable. Power wasnt an issue. The truck is just so light and the EB engine is a really light engine so your front end will feel a bit less than planted even with a good WD hitch. After a couple trips with that setup we traded for an F350 SRW and it was so better. Towing on a breezy day was no longer a white knuckle affair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 2600RB and tow vehicle is 2018 Expedition with 3.5 Eco and tow package. Based in Idaho. I have never had a problem towing this trailer and have been all through the Western mountains. Use Blue Ox hitch. Just my experience for what it's worth.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Looks like you're new here @ricklauri, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've already had some good advice on truck capacity, my experience is that it is better to have a bit more than enough, the towing experience with a 3/4 ton is significantly different than with a half-ton.
    I would agree. It's better to have more capacity than less. It's funny how most immediately go to "Power" when asked if a truck can/should pull something when there are so many other factors to also consider than just how much HP or torque an engine has. Remember one has to stop, maneuver, and navigate with that load at highway speeds. Those can be way different challenges and experiences with the wrong truck. It's best to figure out what you want to pull---THEN research the truck to pull it! Many seem to be doing it backwards these days.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2012 F150 3.5 Platinum (with Blue Ox) towing a 2600 RB (trailer was 6000 pounds + the shell, + the stuff in the bed + the coolers) across the Rockies numerous times. Yes, according to the scales we were over payload by a few hundred pounds.

Our only upgrade was Ford "heavy duty" brake pads and rotors.

Regardless of what the Tow Police claim, insurance companies seldom calculate or weigh a wrecked trailer. However, I am sure some Keyboard Warrior's friend's uncle's neighbor heard of that happening to someone in another state. In my past, I was an auto adjuster for 12+ years. My goal was to settle the claim promptly, because my plate was always full. I saw a lot of stupid accidents. Fortunately, "stupid," is not an insurance policy exclusion.

Ordered a 2022 F250 6.7 Lariat with the Max tow package (F350 rear diff. and rear springs) and noticed more power and improved sway reduction. It can easily be sold for more than I paid in Aug. 2021. An F250 diesel will maintain it's value.

Best wishes on your future plans and travels.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been pulling a 2017 Imagine 2600RB with a 2015 and a 2019 F150 super crew with a 3.5 ecoboost for five years. No issues as long as you don’t overload the tounge weight. Five trips to Myrtle Beach and one trip to Montana. Power never an issue from the Cincinnati area

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MackCL700 View Post
    I’ve been pulling a 2017 Imagine 2600RB with a 2015 and a 2019 F150 super crew with a 3.5 ecoboost for five years. No issues as long as you don’t overload the tounge weight. Five trips to Myrtle Beach and one trip to Montana. Power never an issue from the Cincinnati area
    Why would you have issues “overloading” the TW?

I intentionally load my trailer so the TW is heavy. It makes for the best towing experience
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently responded to a towing question on another post where the original poster was....unfortunately....towing with an unsuitable vehicle for a 2600RB. As you can see from my signature I am towing with a GMC 1500 and all my weights are in order in reference to the GM labels and the numbers obtained at the cat scales. I do have some slack. However, if it were not for Covid I would have upgraded to a 2500 for the increased payload and towing stability. I use the truck mainly for towing the trailer as I have 2 other cars for daily usage. The truck is leased and due this May. As mentioned my hopes were to lease a 2500 (quoted last June at 886.00 monthly) when it came time to order in October the lease cost was $1300.00.

Sometimes the pockets dictate our choices. I will be buying the truck at lease end and put air bags, change out the tires, and put Bilstein shocks on it. As for the trailer, Mor-ryde upgrade, and got rid of the soft Westlake's opting for Good Year. Will this improve the towability.....yes. Will it improve the numbers....no. Will it be a safer ride...likely.

Now considering changing the weight distribution hitch. Many mentions on the Blue OX. The Propride and/or Hensley in $ CAD will cost more than the mods mentioned above.

Having said this...would I prefer to have upgraded to a 2500....absolutely.

To summarize......if you can do it then go for it and safe travels.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Petrovsky before investing in airbags, I'd recommend a long look at the Roadmaster Active Suspension setup. I've been very pleased with the performance of this modification.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the way I felt. The F150 was just too light. I'm glad to read someone felt the same way. I was starting to think I was the only one. I ended up with a Ram 2500.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12