User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question City water won't flow but water tank can fill

Hello first post here,

I have a 2022 Transcend Xplor 231RK, currently when I run my rv off the "city water" selection no water comes through my faucets. However I can successfully fill my water tank and run my water pump to get water flowing through the faucets. What is blocking the water from flowing in the city water system?

Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

The first thing I would do is verify all the nautilus knobs are set in the city water position.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a Transcend you likely just have the one knob like the Imagine's? So it's either city or fresh tank fill? There shouldn't be any other valves that would control flow to the faucets once the knob is set to city water that I can think of. Perhaps the valve is faulty. It's pretty easy to remove the side panel so you can see behind the Nautilus panel. You could then loosen the water line at the valve that would feed the trailer when set to city water, and see if you get any water coming through the valve. I think that would be my first step. Or, if you normally winterize with an air compressor and have a schraeder valve handy to thread into the water inlet you could use air instead of water to avoid cleanup (be sure to set the compressor below 50 psi).

Please report back as to what you end up doing and what you find. That's an interesting one...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I am aware I only have a single switch vs the nautilus system some of the big boys have. This is what my system control panel looks like.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv docking station.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	44919

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took panel off, water is coming through but the water pressure is insanely low despite my gauge reading near 60, also when on city water it is making a weird series of loud noises almost like a sped up groan tube.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas360 View Post
    Hello first post here,

I have a 2022 Transcend Xplor 231RK, currently when I run my rv off the "city water" selection no water comes through my faucets. However I can successfully fill my water tank and run my water pump to get water flowing through the faucets. What is blocking the water from flowing in the city water system?

Thanks!
    First off, welcome to the forum @Atlas360, we're glad to have you as a member. It sounds to me like a bad valve in your city water connection. If it's filling fine, then the valve isn't opening properly when you switch to city water. I'd suggest checking with GD customer service to see if they'll replace the valve. It sounds like you may be handy enough to do the work yourself if they send you the part.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Soundsailor, that sounds like a bad valve. Should still be covered under warranty whether you have GD send you a replacement part or take it in. It's not uncommon the Nautilus valves and connections to have issues. Some people choose to remove them and replace with their own pex type fittings and valves. I wouldn't go to the extreme yet if you can get a new one. The panels are convenient.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like its either the selector valve or it could also be the check valve on the city water inlet also.
    Welcome to the group.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Sounds like its either the selector valve or it could also be the check valve on the city water inlet also.
    Welcome to the group.
    Excellent point. I have had a broken check valve in my previous TT that caused similar issues.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch