User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frameless Window Seal

Does anyone have a pointer to the seals used for the frameless windows? On my Momentum, one of my garage windows on the upper curves has the insulation seals that pulled away and they need replacing, before we get poured on traveling Friday. Anyone have a pointer to those seals for the windows?

Thanks in advance.

Jason
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    Does anyone have a pointer to the seals used for the frameless windows? On my Momentum, one of my garage windows on the upper curves has the insulation seals that pulled away and they need replacing, before we get poured on traveling Friday. Anyone have a pointer to those seals for the windows?

Thanks in advance.

Jason
    Not quite clear if you're looking for the parts or instructions on how to replace the seals. For the former, I'd start with GD Customer Service or contact Lippert directly. For the latter, Lippert has an online course that addresses those windows, see https://lippertrvowner.learnupon.com/dashboard
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Not quite clear if you're looking for the parts or instructions on how to replace the seals. For the former, I'd start with GD Customer Service or contact Lippert directly. For the latter, Lippert has an online course that addresses those windows, see https://lippertrvowner.learnupon.com/dashboard
    Thanks for that link. I am looking for the part specifically of the seal type. I have called GD directly, and also e-mailed them, but have not heard back yet, and I am traveling Friday and its supposed to rain for 180 miles, so I figured I needed to resolve it sooner than later. I could MacGyver it, but was hoping to do it closer to normal just in case .

Thanks for the Lippert link, had never seen that before!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure which window you have, but here's a link (https://store.lci1.com/rv/maintenanc...lacement-parts) to some replacement parts from Lippert. I tried to look up your model on the GD parts lookup (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup), but there were too many different windows to know for sure.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced one of my garage windows using this outdoor foam sealer this past July.

After pulling the window off, I found this is almost identical to what was used by Grand Design at the factory. (Note that the windows come from Lippert without any type of sealer. It's up to the installer to decide what to use - in our case, Grand Design)

I put the adhesive side of the foam on the "frameless" window frame, then the non-adhesive side against the outside wall. It's been working well ever since.

I was cautioned to not use adhesive sealer against the fiberglass/gelcoat/decals. If you ever have to remove that sealer, it'll peel all of those finishes right off.

After replacing my window, I totally believe it.

And don't be afraid to take the window out. It's a very easy process - just remove all of the interior screws around the flashing and the window will just push out. Make sure there's someone on the outside to catch it. Then you can replace the entire seal. When replacing it, butt the foam seal ends on the bottom of the window (so any little water that gets under it has a place to go out) & replace the window by centering in the wall hole using the movable plastic shims.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seal.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	44921
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 02-15-2023 at 09:28 AM.
    signature

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I replaced one of my garage windows using this outdoor foam sealer this past July.

After pulling the window off, I found this is almost identical to what was used by Grand Design at the factory. (Note that the windows come from Lippert without any type of sealer. It's up to the installer to decide what to use - in our case, Grand Design)

I put the adhesive side of the foam on the "frameless" window frame, then the non-adhesive side against the outside wall. It's been working well ever since.

I was cautioned to not use adhesive sealer against the fiberglass/gelcoat/decals. If you ever have to remove that sealer, it'll peel all of those finishes right off.

After replacing my window, I totally believe it.

And don't be afraid to take the window out. It's a very easy process - just remove all of the interior screws around the flashing and the window will just push out. Make sure there's someone on the outside to catch it. Then you can replace the entire seal. When replacing it, butt the foam seal ends on the bottom of the window (so any little water that gets under it has a place to go out) & replace the window by centering in the wall hole using the movable plastic shims.

Name:	seal.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	44921
    Thanks so much for your input. I did get a hold of GD, and they get me info from LCI, and so they got me the part # for a purchase. IN the meantime I got what you did above and used it for now while I wait for the OEM replacement. It is gonna pour here on Friday and I am traveling Friday, so I needed something in short order that would work . Thanks for all the input folks.

Jason

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IN the meantime I got what you did above and used it for now while I wait for the OEM replacement.
    If you could, I'd really like to know what's different between what you get from LCI vs. the foam sealer I used. Could you follow up when you get the other sealer? Thanks in advance!
    signature

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    If you could, I'd really like to know what's different between what you get from LCI vs. the foam sealer I used. Could you follow up when you get the other sealer? Thanks in advance!
    Will do once I get it … I will post some pics for ya.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do once I get it … I will post some pics for ya.
    Here is the gasket that LCI called for on these frameless windows (Got it from GDRV parts dept).

Name:	BC616991-1730-4356-AE9C-570DBBB1E3F8.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	45063

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the gasket that LCI called for on these frameless windows (Got it from GDRV parts dept).

Name:	BC616991-1730-4356-AE9C-570DBBB1E3F8.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	45063
    Very interesting .. thanks for posting that!
    signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast