User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tank

We took our rig out for the first time this past weekend to try everything out, we have a 2023 295rl with the supposed 56 gallon fresh water tank, while I was filling it, I had a watermeter on it. It said I only got about 45 gallons in it before it started coming out of the over flow tube, and the water level inside the tank only read 2/3 full.

Has anyone else seen this? We do have the instant water heater, so it shouldn't have the 6 gallon extra capacity AFAIK.
    2023 Reflection 150 295RL

2017 Chevy 1500 doublecab 4x4

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My grey tanks are 43 gal. When my cheap garden hose flow meter reads 35, they are full. Meter is a bit off. On the other hand, the gauge lights show full when it’s full.

Idea. Fill an5 gallon bucket with your flow meter and see how accurate it is.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will give that a try to see how it is, I just thought it was weird it only showed 2/3rd full

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought, if you have the 6 gallon h/w tank and not the on-demand, that 6 gallons counts toward the 56 gallons fresh. So your fresh water tank would only be 50 gallons.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbaker5379 View Post
    We took our rig out for the first time this past weekend to try everything out, we have a 2023 295rl with the supposed 56 gallon fresh water tank, while I was filling it, I had a watermeter on it. It said I only got about 45 gallons in it before it started coming out of the over flow tube, and the water level inside the tank only read 2/3 full.

Has anyone else seen this? We do have the instant water heater, so it shouldn't have the 6 gallon extra capacity AFAIK.
    When filling the fresh water tanks be sure to open a faucet to let the air escape. Air inside the fresh water tank will force the water to the overflow before the tank is full.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    When filling the fresh water tanks be sure to open a faucet to let the air escape. Air inside the fresh water tank will force the water to the overflow before the tank is full.
    Air should flow out the vent/overflow tube I would think.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my thought, as there is water in the lines, so they wouldn't breathe through the faucets. Should breathe through over flows.

Our old camper was a gravity feed so it's all new to me with this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had 2 trailers that both got water locks in the vent tube. I've come back 10-15 minutes later to finish filling when that happens. Gives the water in the vent tube time to drain back down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cbaker5379, I would level the trailer and completely fill the tank tank to the top. Then place a 5 gallon bucket under your fresh water tank drain and calculate how many 5 gallon buckets your tank holds.
    I just bought a 31MB in December which is supposed to have a 74 gallon tank, however the 150 Series Reflections have a 55 gallon tank. I used 2 different electronic hose meters, and the bucket method to confirm my fresh water tank size, which happens to hold about 55 gallons. It is now back at the dealership and they are installing the correct size tank. Check yours and if doesn't add up. let them know and they will install the correct tank for you.
    2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2022 Reflection 31MB