User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Another option is to get a hitch welded to the back of the RV frame. From there, you can get a cargo carrier or have one made and use a geny box like this. Got this idea from another member who had 2 of these.
    https://kshmarine.com/custom-generator-boxes/
    His trailer should already have one. Unsure why he hasn’t looked at going that route
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option is to get a hitch welded to the back of the RV frame. From there, you can get a cargo carrier or have one made and use a geny box like this. Got this idea from another member who had 2 of these.
    Love the idea and thought about that option. My trailer came with a frame mounted hitch. I use it for a cargo carrier for awning carpet and other items I don't want to carry inside. No room for the genny unfortunately. Thanks for the info on the Gen. box. Those are cool.
    2023 Imagine AIM 16ML
    2022 Jeep Gladiator
    Wake Forest, North Carolina

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a carrier for the hitch or make one for our stuff.
    Here is ours.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generatrotirerack.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	44985Click image for larger version. 

Views:	36 
ID:	44985
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
    I did a search and came up empty. Has anyone fabricated a Generator carrier that attaches to the rear ladder? I have a small inverter genny that weighs 49 pounds. I'm looking at carrying it on the rear of the trailer and it appears the ladder is my only option. If the ladder can hold 250 pounds, it would appear that the 50 pound weight of the genny spread over a couple rungs, would be plausable. Has anyone done this? Any alternative options? Thanks in advance, GH
    I've looked into it. I have a 2021 GD 2800BH. Some companies make secure boxes with vents that attach to the rear bumper.
    I have a pair of Honda 2200's that can run in parallel. Do a search for RV generator box.

https://www.rvgeneratorbox.com/gallery

https://www.angelfire.com/planet/eve...ensetrear.html

Best regards,
    Vince

Vince (+ Champ & Scout our two Golden Retrievers)

Orange County, CA
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH / '18 GMC Yukon Denali 4WD / Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame that they don't list prices for their boxes.... anybody know what the cost is for one that fits the Honda 2200.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
    I did a search and came up empty. Has anyone fabricated a Generator carrier that attaches to the rear ladder? I have a small inverter genny that weighs 49 pounds. I'm looking at carrying it on the rear of the trailer and it appears the ladder is my only option. If the ladder can hold 250 pounds, it would appear that the 50 pound weight of the genny spread over a couple rungs, would be plausable. Has anyone done this? Any alternative options? Thanks in advance, GH
    I carry a Yamaha 2k watt inverter generator suitcase . I always just set it inside the couch at or near the door entrance. The last thing in and 1st thing out when we arrive. No need for special storage holder.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    I carry a Yamaha 2k watt inverter generator suitcase . I always just set it inside the couch at or near the door entrance. The last thing in and 1st thing out when we arrive. No need for special storage holder.
    What do you do to secure you gen when on site? I like the idea of the welded boxes because it eliminates securing the gen on site but the cost is a whole different issue.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    What do you do to secure you gen when on site? I like the idea of the welded boxes because it eliminates securing the gen on site but the cost is a whole different issue.
    In my last RV, after a blatant attempt to steal my generator at 4:00 A.M. from a Wally World parking lot, I upgraded my bike cable lock to a Vulcan chain and lock. A little pricey, but worth the piece of mind.
    2023 Imagine AIM 16ML
    2022 Jeep Gladiator
    Wake Forest, North Carolina

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine has bolts through the legs/feet underneath. yo uneed a set of wrenches.
    Not sure if anyone has tried, this has been on 4 different units, all of which have been manufactured at home to fit the trailer.
    Also like the one i have now and previousl one as the spare tire is on it as well. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
ID:	45053
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Chain lock or HD cable to the rv. I have a dual bike rack carrier on the back of the 5th wheel, so no options of a gen carrier there. If not using it while camping FHU, putting it in the tow, or towed vehicle locks it up for the night also. Just a simple option to save money vs having a permanent carrier built or attached.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast