User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rockford PMX1 quesstion

My second post, so bear with me.
    Got a 25g Monday, connected blue tooth to the Rockford PMX1, volume does not go up much, sub doesnt make any sound. I didnt get a manual fro the PMX1, just one for the sub. I will download the manual, but any tips for my initial set up? Does this system sound fairly good? It claims 500 watts, 4 speakers and a sub. Also, it looks like I am able to play the TV through the system as well. Do you guys do that? Thank you

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mine is similar, There is a master volume and an inside and outside volume only on the unit display. Try that if you havent yet. Im not real impressed with the sound of mine but i think better speakers will help.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    I think mine is similar, There is a master volume and an inside and outside volume only on the unit display. Try that if you havent yet. Im not real impressed with the sound of mine but i think better speakers will help.
    I played with it more. There is an amp output, a source output, and that made a huge difference. I am a powersports dealer, and our Polaris machines have Rockford systems. My system in my 25g sounds better than the polaris systems. I am completely satisfied with the volume and sound quality for what it is.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use mine to watch movies at night and sounds pretty good. The outside speakers dont seem to sound very good to me. There are a few settings I had to mess around with to get it right.
    Congrats on the 25G!
    2022 Momentum 21G
    300ah LiFePo4, 525 watt solar
    2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I found that the sound levels has to be really cranked to get any response from the subwoofer. If the remote cable is connected nearly everything on the sub can be controlled from the head unit. I’m pretty sure I had to go in and mess with the EQ and crank the levels.

Connect your phone via Bluetooth and play a couple of those super deep bass tests found on there, that was how I knew mine was working.

I tried some 90’s dance hits and again had to really crank it but eventually to get any bass and then suddenly it’s kicking like mad but you can barely hear yourself think the highs are so loud lol.

One of my plans was to pull the sub out and make sure all the wires are correct and the phase switch etc but I can’t find out how to get at the darn thing. It looks like they dropped it in from the top which is impossible to remove once the slide out roof is installed.
    Last edited by Thorvald; 02-17-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    I found that the sound levels has to be really cranked to get any response from the subwoofer. If the remote cable is connected nearly everything on the sub can be controlled from the head unit. I’m pretty sure I had to go in and mess with the EQ and crank the levels.

Connect your phone via Bluetooth and play a couple of those super deep bass tests found on there, that was how I knew mine was working.

I tried some 90’s dance kits and again had to really crank it but eventually to get any bass and then suddenly it’s kicking like mad but you can barely hear yourself think the highs are so loud lol.

One of my plans was to pull the sub out and make sure all the wires are correct and the phase switch etc but I can’t find out how to get at the darn thing. It looks like they dropped it in from the top which is impossible to remove once the slide out roof is installed.
    I have read in other threads, that it is velcro`d in there. Some say lift up and push it back. After doing a lot of adjusting, mine sounds really good at high volume

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On you pmx1 there are some custom settings you can change. I’m not at the trailer now but the changes I made, made a huge difference. I thought the same as you, that the sub was not working as it was very hard to hear. I will look for the actual settings, but I remember there are a couple tha made a big difference.

1) EQ setting for raising the bass response
    2) there was a setting that was a negative db for the amp level. I bumped that up probably 2 setting from like -12db to a -3db. Something like that. That really woke the sub up.
    3) Seems like there was another setting but I can’t remember it if the top of my head.

My sub volume was set all the way up to 20 max and it could be barely heard. With the changes, it sounds so much better and it sounds like I expected it too. Big big difference. So the setting need to be changed to get it sounding right.