User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek compatible motor

I've been watching the forums for several months now and have not seen any comments on the usage of this generic motor for the Schwintek slide. Anyone have verification that it will/won't work?

https://www.amazon.com/236575-Slide-...-1-spons&psc=1
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased that exact product for my Flagstaff. It worked perfectly for me in the closet slide in the bedroom. I just bought one so it worked in unison with the original motor on the other side. I would not hesitate to buy it again if needed.
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I've been watching the forums for several months now and have not seen any comments on the usage of this generic motor for the Schwintek slide. Anyone have verification that it will/won't work?

No clue on that one, but I have used a 500:1 replacement from NOVOPARTS on Amazon on a friend's Hemisphere and it's been running flawlessly for almost 2 years. It was all that was available during peak supply chain crunch, and Amazon delivered right to the CG. Physically identical to the Lippert, and I wouldn't be surprised if made on the same production line in China.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Physically identical to the Lippert, and I wouldn't be surprised if made on the same production line in China.
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking. As with many specialized products, I can't imagine there are many alternate sources for products like this. Just doesn't seem logical a company would gear up to get into such a small niche market to compete with whoever manufactures the ones from Lippert.

I may gamble on one as a spare. If it wasn't such a pain I'd go ahead and install it just to see if it works.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one repair (schwintek slide motor) I hope I don't have to do for a long time ! But good to know some have used a different brand motor and it works, I might get one too as a spare. I think our Solitude bedroom slides are the 300:1 motor but don't know for sure.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-17-2023 at 08:58 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    That's one repair (schwintek slide motor) I hope I don't have to do for a long time ! But good to know some have used a different brand motor and it works, I might get one too as a spare. I think our Solitude bedroom slides are the 300:1 motor but don't know for sure.
    I'm thinking about getting one also. My Living Room slide does a lot of jerking when going in and out. Can't be good for the motor. Strangely its working fine in the cold weather while parked in the cover.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post

Looks like there is more than one on Amazon, I purchased this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DPCGTT9) as a spare but (fingers crossed) haven't had to use it yet. As others have said, they're probably all made in the same factory.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Looking to have a spare also. Anyone know what ratio used on the 337RLS?

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Looks like there is more than one on Amazon, I purchased this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DPCGTT9) as a spare but (fingers crossed) haven't had to use it yet. As others have said, they're probably all made in the same factory.
    That looks exactly like the one I linked to, just a different seller. I read the reviews on both and sounds like a lot of happy buyers that have installed the motor and it works.

If you are not sure that this 300:1 motor is the one on your slide, a call to Lippert will give you the correct info.

Now I just wish I could get the model number of the Molex connector on the wiring harness to the motor so I could make my own spare. Probably will just have to order a pre-made and be happy with it.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Looking to have a spare also. Anyone know what ratio used on the 337RLS?

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    You could try the GDRV parts lookup site at the following url, look under electrical,

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup

I looked up our rig and for our Solitude bedroom slide it lists GD part number 170000 Mechanism Motor Only in-slide wall Schwintek IG-42-10mm.
    Lippert parts site for the IG-42-10mm Schwintek motor is part number 236575. It is the 300:1 motor
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast