Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Propane failure -curb side.

To the techs. I am having problems getting propane to flow from the curb side bottle. I thought it might be the regulator so I replaced it. ( The replacement is a 30 lb psi but not red - does that make a difference?) The regulator switch is correctly moved to the side that I want to use. There is no flow to the oven. The bottle is full and when the valve is open, propane hisses out. When I take the full bottle out and place it on the street side all works well so it is having problems on the curb side. Any ideas where to start checking? Thanks.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not meaning to butt in but... could the leak prevention valve (not sure of the real name) in the bottle valve be activating? I have to open mine twice sometimes cuz the first time it hisses into the lines and then the valve slams shut (you hear a click kinda noise) then I have to close the valve to reset and reopen then it is fine. Usually I can open it slow enough that it doesn't do that but not always. And it seems to happen more often on the curb side, maybe because of the added length of hose.

I apologize if you are familiar with that issue, some are not. Good luck
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a tech but I had the same problem and had to replace the pigtail that goes from the bottle to the regulator on the right side. There is a valve in the end of that pigtail that screws to the bottle that gets fouled up. I haven't been able to clean one and have had to replace the pigtail on another trailer prior to replacing the one on the Reflection. The tech's I have talked to have cussed Chinese made pigtails but I don't know if that is the problem or not. One other thing. When Grand Design sent me a new pigtail they sent me one with a 1/4inch male inverted flair fitting and it took on with a 1/4 pipe male fitting. Don't know if yours will be the same but you might look if Grand Design agrees to send you one.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the reply. JCR, I don't think that valve is the problem because when I transfer the bottle to the street side it flows fine. I bet it is the pigtail...thanks for the suggestion, RG. I will give that a try.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, RG Mutchler was right. It was the pigtail propane connection hose on the curb side. Replaced it and everything is back to normal. Thanks for the tip.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal. Thanks for the follow up!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE