User Tag List

View Poll Results: How angry should I be?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Settle down, it's nothing!

3 7.89%
  • That's not very good!

7 18.42%
  • Whoa... that is really wrong

4 10.53%
  • Angry. Very Angry.

7 18.42%
  • Livid. That was extremely dangerous!

17 44.74%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The op's picture of his original ball platform shows it to be a class11. Usually these platforms have a 1 1/4 shank which indicates to me that either the TV has a class11 hitch built in or the dealership used an adaptor to mate the 1 1/4 shank to the 2" hitch, Either way the dealership should never have installed that ball platform, even if the customer had demanded it (which he apparently did not)! That trailer requires a class111 hitch and the dealership should have known that and acted accordingly. I agree with the several other posters that the bend was caused by a single sway bar, probably too tight but with the inadequate ball platform a 2 bar sway control might have helped prevent the twisting.
    Dan and Deb
    2017 Reflection 26RL
    2003 Ram 2500 2wd 6sp
    co pilot Brandy our Aussie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I think the dealer did all they could
    Customer wanted the trailer and then presented the vehicle to tow it with and said he could not have a weight distribution hitch
    Other than refusing to sell the trailer they did what the customer asked
    When I bought my 5er and I showed up to take it home, the dealer tech inspected my hitch and truck to make sure they were above the towing requirements and gave me an ok to hook-up and go. He said that if my hitch was not adequate enough they would have not let me take the rv. I appreciated their attitude toward doing the safe and responsible thing.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JohnnyT

Did you get a chance to take pictures of your new hitch set up and vehicle mounted hitch receiver rating label?

Please post them when able.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After getting slammed on here so badly, I wouldn't blame him if he walked away and never looked back.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JohnnyT

Don't be mad about the dealer (get your money back) or the keyboard warrior "tow police." Those that pass judgement sitting at home have never seen the payload sticker for your vehicle.

In most states you can file a small claims case for under $50. After trying to work with a shop in Colorado, I finally got their attention with a small claims suit and even won. If your state allows small claims, you could claim the cost of the hitch, the service call, and missed work.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 02-23-2023 at 08:28 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    After getting slammed on here so badly, I wouldn't blame him if he walked away and never looked back.
    Yes, That may be the case but I hope not.
    @JohnnyT As you promised, please post pictures of your new hitch set up and add pictures of the vehicle mounted hitch receiver rating label.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    When I bought my 5er and I showed up to take it home, the dealer tech inspected my hitch and truck to make sure they were above the towing requirements and gave me an ok to hook-up and go. He said that if my hitch was not adequate enough they would have not let me take the rv. I appreciated their attitude toward doing the safe and responsible thing.
    Same with Lazy Days. They wanted a picture of the Payload sticker and the Vehicle Axle rating sticker before they would release the RV
    Jerry & Linda

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    @JohnnyT

Don't be mad about the dealer (get your money back) or the keyboard warrior "tow police." Those that pass judgement sitting at home have never seen the payload sticker for your vehicle.

In most states you can file a small claims case for under $50. After trying to work with a shop in Colorado, I finally got their attention with a small claims suit and even won. If your state allows small claims, you could claim the cost of the hitch, the service call, and missed work.

Good luck.
    Payload stickers irrelevant in his case as it's the receiver rating that's the issue. 500 lbs with no WDH.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I have doubts that your Range Rover is adequate for the job of towing that trailer without an anti-sway and/or weight distributing hitch.
    2. Nevertheless, the hitch they sold you was inadequate. So obviously inadequate that you should have caught it yourself. And you would have if you had taken a glance at the lettering when sliding it in or out of the receiver -- before and/or after your first trip home with the trailer.
    3. Be glad that nothing but the hitch, and your wallet, was damaged.
    4. Never take anything an RV sales or service person says at face value. Nothing.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the consistent weight police commentary -- i won't a pic of anything. This thread has become an outlet for the keyboard weight police warriors, so I'm going to let it rest in their turmoil. I'll go after the dealership...
    JohnnyT
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 Land Rover Discovery (people are amazed it can tow -- it does a great job!)
    Security System: Lincoln & Brian

I've been all over, but
    will limit my map to where I've RV'd

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast