0 Thread(s)
    what about Montana ?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My $0.02

Alliance started strong and didn’t scale quality as they ramped up production. I was in their FB group through that period and quit the group when there were large numbers of complaints regarding quality. That’s been a while, so it is possible they have improved.

For my favorite layout, the 310, I think they made an error with swapping the bathroom arrangement. We travel via RV in part because you have a usable toilet with you. With the living room slides in and the bathroom door latched open for travel, the toilet is on full display when the entry door to the rig is open. This requires you to either unlatch the bathroom door or make sure the main door remains closed while the bathroom is in use. It is a small inconvenience, but significant for us.

Also regarding the Brinkley, it is not a good comparison to a Solitude or a full profile Paradigm. It lacks a drop frame, so basement storage is very limited, and it uses the standard 96-inch width. On top of that, initial specs show it leaving the factory weighing as much as my Solitude did. That extra weight for an objectively small RV may translate to better durability and some neat extra features, and that may attract happy buyers.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at all of those at the Florida RV Show in Tampa last month. The Paradigm has some interesting features, but the build quality didn’t seem to be as good as GD; no knowledge of their service/warranty - can’t imagine that it could possibly be comparable to GD (good experiences for us).

We particularly wanted to see the Brinkley fifth wheels; we’d seen a lot of information in them on the internet. After seeing the Brinkley in person, I was disappointed. After all we had read about this new company and their prototypes, I had expected to see something to compete with the GD Solitude line. Their design and build quality are solidly in competition with the GD Reflection line; that’s not a bad thing (we’ve had a Reflection and loved it), but it wasn’t what we were expecting. The Brinkley does have a few unique features, such as USB and power outlet locations, that I wish we had in our Solitude, but that wouldn’t be enough to me to buy a Brinkley. Oh, and the Brinkley is MORE expensive than the Reflections.

Like others, just my $.02 worth…

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    We looked at all of those at the Florida RV Show in Tampa last month. The Paradigm has some interesting features, but the build quality didn’t seem to be as good as GD; no knowledge of their service/warranty - can’t imagine that it could possibly be comparable to GD (good experiences for us).

We particularly wanted to see the Brinkley fifth wheels; we’d seen a lot of information in them on the internet. After seeing the Brinkley in person, I was disappointed. After all we had read about this new company and their prototypes, I had expected to see something to compete with the GD Solitude line. Their design and build quality are solidly in competition with the GD Reflection line; that’s not a bad thing (we’ve had a Reflection and loved it), but it wasn’t what we were expecting. The Brinkley does have a few unique features, such as USB and power outlet locations, that I wish we had in our Solitude, but that wouldn’t be enough to me to buy a Brinkley. Oh, and the Brinkley is MORE expensive than the Reflections.

Like others, just my $.02 worth…
    According to the MSRP's I've seen for the Brinkely they're definitely not meant to compete wit the Solitude.
    More with the Reflection. They have more upgraded standard features than the reflection so that's why they are more $$$ than a reflection.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    I know this is a Grand Design forum and most people on here are faithful to Grand Design but what are your opinions on Alliance Paradigm ?
    When we looked at Alliance before buying a GD, I was surprised to find out that they had no system comparable to the Compass Connect system. Apparently they think it's too problematic and unnecessary.
    The system works very well for us and I have not encountered any significant problems, just some learning curve issues.
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2021 GMC 3500HD AT4 4X4 Duramax Standard Box
    2021 B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Alliance pages I've followed have a lot more upset customers than GD or Rockwood. We've all but eliminated them from our consideration when it comes time to upgrade. The people that started that company came from Heartland. They're trying to make a higher quality product, but seem to be cutting the same corners that lower-tier brands like heartland regularly do. I'm not saying that any of them have stellar quality but there's a whole lot leaks, electrical issues, and major fitment issues on the Valors that you don't see as much on the competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12