User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alliance paradigm

I know this is a Grand Design forum and most people on here are faithful to Grand Design but what are your opinions on Alliance Paradigm ?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    I know this is a Grand Design forum and most people on here are faithful to Grand Design but what are your opinions on Alliance Paradigm ?
    Look pretty.

I saw their prototypes before they started their production and they are pretty standard builds.

I would recommend reading some of their owner forums, as I have heard that their service/warranty is pretty lacking.

After having experience with their warranty process when the Brady's owned Heartland, I can understand the frustration. I will never have another Heartland product on my lot....ever.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    We almost bought an Alliance Paradigm but the dealer would not come down in price to match a dealer further away that we bought our first Grand Design Reflection from. Went to the dealer further away and the quality of that Alliance trailer was horrible. Looked that the Solitudes and Reflection 5th wheels on the lot. Ended up buying the Solitude. Much better fit and finish in the Solitude. That said though we have our fair share of issue with the Solitude everytime we have taken it out. DW is getting a bit nervous about going out as something always breaks and the warranty is nearly up in a few months.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at Brinkley. Have not been in one but they offer some pretty good items as standard.
    Plus IMO the clean simple look is a welcome addition to the RV industry.
    https://www.brinkleyrv.com/rvs/fifth-wheels/model-z/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling that comparing a Solitude , Montana and a Paradigm is like comparing Ford, Dodge and Chevy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was interested in the 295 and 310 Paradigms. They had both models at the Quartzsite show, so I looked at them. What a disappointment in quality...
    JK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKJavelin View Post
    I was interested in the 295 and 310 Paradigms. They had both models at the Quartzsite show, so I looked at them. What a disappointment in quality...
    JK
    I'm curious, in what aspect? I have been looking hard at a Solitude or Paradigm. I do like the fact that they, Paradigm, adapt to what people want. I like the isolation valves for each water appliance, standard solar, very large mid storage compartments and coded wiring system. Still not sure which way to go so hoping you can add to the specifics on your comment.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't spend a lot of time in it, but in the 310, the dresser top with the 'hidden compartment ' was misaligned and at the base of the bed at the slideout, the boxed out piece was crushed somehow.
    The wood color in everything now is that fake looking gray (or white). A lot of cheap looking wood trim and cabinets abound.
    Pay a fortune for cheap junk with glowing LED lights? Puleeeze!
    Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKJavelin View Post
    I didn't spend a lot of time in it, but in the 310, the dresser top with the 'hidden compartment ' was misaligned and at the base of the bed at the slideout, the boxed out piece was crushed somehow.
    The wood color in everything now is that fake looking gray (or white). A lot of cheap looking wood trim and cabinets abound.
    Pay a fortune for cheap junk with glowing LED lights? Puleeeze!
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your feed back. I absolutely agree on the glowing LED lights. Also not sold on the direct venting for their air conditioners yet. It would be great if GD took some notes on some of the things Alliance does and incorporated them into their design.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked them over at the RV show as well as the Brinkley (and, of course, the GD).

I came away thinking the Brinkley has some innovative features but it was too early to tell whether the quality would be there beyond the first few which likely have special attention paid to them. And they made just as many blunders as the others for placement of things like cord reels, light switches, etc.

Paradigm turns me off just based on the wash/dryer locations. Also noticed some poor fitment of cabinets - same as any manufacturer. I thought their A/C's were noticeably quiet.

GD had units there with nothing really new or notable. Didn't care for the barn lighting (ditto for Brinkley) and saw obvious signs of poor fitment of cabinets like Paradigm.

In the end - I feel it is still a trade off between quality, features, interior design, and flexibility of manufacture to make minor changes for you. For example: walked through the Double Tree units too and was instantly turned off by the interiors and interior design choices like colors & trim; however, fit and finish seemed nice as does their choice of how to build a frame, place holding tanks, etc.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast