Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator: Furrion door adjustment.

These slipping/sagging doors common? Similar condition happened with prior Jayco.

Not getting to safe temperatures. I believe door needs adjustment because door "lock" not "catching" and freezer temps are fine. (Furion 10 cu.ft.)
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insist on live music View Post
    These slipping/sagging doors common? Similar condition happened with prior Jayco.

Not getting to safe temperatures. I believe door needs adjustment because door "lock" not "catching" and freezer temps are fine. (Furion 10 cu.ft.)
    I seem to remember someone on this forum who had success by shimming up the door to get a better seal.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about shimming a Furrion, but with the Norcold model, it's pretty common.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I've seen someone on you tube who shimmed one of their Norcold doors using washers? IIRC, it also helped with the pin not latching.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to have ours replaced as the original one was damaged on the back and wouldn't quit running...

The new one barely closed and definitely wouldn't latch, it was very to adjust.

Loosen the bolts on the freezer and the top of the refer door, you should be able to pivot the refer door it on the bottom pin until it's aligned properly, then tighten the top of the refer, then do the same with the freezer

Took me about 10 mins... I didn't need to shim it
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar thing happening. I found the door shifted so that the latch would not go over the catch on the frig. For a quick fix (will investigate closer when I get home), I just shimmed the latch up so that it now travels over the catch & locks. This way the door will not swing open while traveling.
    I can see where shimming the frig door to sit higher would work and will be a more permanent fix.
    2023 22 MLE
    Tow vehicle 2022 Tundra Platium Hybrid

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LL overlander View Post
    I have a similar thing happening. I found the door shifted so that the latch would not go over the catch on the frig. For a quick fix (will investigate closer when I get home), I just shimmed the latch up so that it now travels over the catch & locks. This way the door will not swing open while traveling.
    I can see where shimming the frig door to sit higher would work and will be a more permanent fix.
    Thanks for your post, could you please update us on your "more permanent fix?" Pictures are always great.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will post my permanent fix. I may need your help with posting photos as I have not done that yet. Also, it will be approx a month before I get home. Presently in Arizona & home is Alberta.
    2023 22 MLE
    Tow vehicle 2022 Tundra Platium Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to adjust my door a number of times too. Biggest problem I had was when new, there were two washers behind the door catch. I removed those and now both the fridge and freezer doors close tight. Before, the fridge door could move about a cm on the open end before it'd catch.

But yes, the doors do sag with a bunch of milk and OJ and stuff in them. Just loosen the brackets, twist the door as necessary, and re-tighten. Kindof a pain to have to do it, but a 2 minute job with a philips head screw driver.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freezer door is on a small metal piece and the door can move up and down. Gravity naturally makes it stay In the down position but freezer will only latch when it’s raised. Don’t want to have to continually try to shim it.

It’s not clear from this thread if there is a way to adjust the hinge so the freezer door will a small bit higher in order to latch?

Or any other ideas?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast