Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think 3/4 ton trucks have the puck system so you may be better off having them install it. As far as weight goes that people have mentioned the best part about the B&W hitch is you can pull 2 pins and remove the "head" then you only have the base to deal with, on Ram's it's still pretty heavy but on the fords the puck circle is smaller so it weighs a lot less

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moterbiker View Post
    I don't think 3/4 ton trucks have the puck system so you may be better off having them install it. As far as weight goes that people have mentioned the best part about the B&W hitch is you can pull 2 pins and remove the "head" then you only have the base to deal with, on Ram's it's still pretty heavy but on the fords the puck circle is smaller so it weighs a lot less
    Ram, Ford and GM all offer puck systems for their 3/4 ton trucks.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Ram, Ford and GM all offer puck systems for their 3/4 ton trucks.
    Yup.... our 2023 F250 was ordered with it. And they did offer it last year too.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah know all 5th wheel hitches are heavy no matter how young you are . My system has the rail bars attached to the truck , the hitch is heavy, but I remove it all the time ,i”m 75. There is a way to do this easily, pull pins, lift hitch out of rails , open up the hitch , back up to trailer lock the hitch, raise the trailer a little ,pull away your done. It works same way hooking up, the only lifting done is in and out of rails, so easy. I used to lift hitch in and out of truck with many hassles , now the hitch hangs from the 5th pin when not in use, 10 minute job. Hope this makes it easier for someone .
    My Trailer is a 2020 Momentum 320G
    Truck 2019 Chev Silverado 3500 LTZ 6.6 box Duramax
    Firestone airbags rear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12