Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin Height of 2023 Reflection 303RLS?

Hello!

I am new to the forum, I've been reading through the various posts and the community here seems great. My wife and I are buying our first reflection now, so we're very excited.

TLDR; I am I am looking for the pin height of the 2023 Reflection 303RLS -- If anyone could share this info with me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My wife and I are in the middle of this purchase with General RV. Before we pick this 5th wheel up in a few weeks, I need to arrange to have the 5th wheel hitch installed. General RV wants to charge me ~$2500 for the hitch and for setup, which sounds excessive to me. I feel comfortable purchasing and installing the hitch myself, and I want to set the hitch height correctly the first time, before I go pick up this new rig.

Hence, this is the reason why I'm asking if anyone happens to know this info, it would help me.

I found this thread posted in 2016, stating the pin height should be around 54" - 55", if anyone has any updated numbers that would be fantastic.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Pin-Box-Height

Thank you in advance!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which hitch are you buying? That could easily influence the purchase and installation cost. You won't be able to set the hitch height exactly without knowing how much the truck will settle once the trailer is hooked up to the truck. The amount of sag can easily vary from truck to truck, and trailer to trailer.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitch installation is actually very easy if you have the puck system. Like said, it depends which hitch to determine if a fair price. My hitch was around $1400 - 1600 if I recall, and I wouldn't pay $900 - 1100 more for installation.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very pleased with the B&W hitches and have owned two of them. The last one, one that used the Ram puck system, I bought off Facebook market place. It was in perfect condition and cost less than half of a new one. And they are made in Kansas.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Which hitch are you buying? That could easily influence the purchase and installation cost. You won't be able to set the hitch height exactly without knowing how much the truck will settle once the trailer is hooked up to the truck. The amount of sag can easily vary from truck to truck, and trailer to trailer.
    Hello!

I'm getting the Curt A16 hitch on a 2500 GMC Denali Gas Engine w/ Trailer Package.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theorem View Post
    Hello!

I'm getting the Curt A16 hitch on a 2500 GMC Denali Gas Engine w/ Trailer Package.
    Good morning! Does your new truck not have the puck system in the bed? My GMC did once I added the trailer package. If it does, I would get a hitch that utilizes that puck system. The new hitch will then just "drop" into those pucks. There is no installation needed. I would not want any hitch that left rails or any components in my truck bed to deal with when I wasn't towing. The puck system leaves nothing visible in the bed.

This is what I and many others have.......https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...xoCBnYQAvD_BwE
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

The A16 is <$700 on Etrailer, if your truck has the puck system, $2500 total is WAY too much. You should also checkout Tweetys RV if they carry the hitch, free shipping and no tax. It is very easy to install a hitch in a truck with the puck system, hardest part is getting the hitch in the bed, and they usually come apart in 2 pieces to make it easier.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next hardest part.... for us "older guys" is removing it. So sure, the puck system is great for leaving a nice flat bed to load stuff. But, removing a heavy installed hitch either with or without rails or puck only system doesnt happen much in our truck, and wonder how often it really happens in others? Find myself just loading around the hitch and leaving it there...

Our new '23 F250 will have the puck system and we will use our current Reese 16k on a Reese puck rail connect to install it. But, I dont plan on ever taking it out except maybe when I sell the truck. And, the Reese puck rail connect allows us to use standard mount hitches which mount on typical bed rails if we decide to ever swap it out.

BTW, I agree with all that was said about high install and purchase prices of hitch and hitch mounts from RV dealerships. I installed our frame, hitch and bed rails on our F150. A little work (but easy with instructions), with a total cost of $750 for everything including 16k hitch installed. Was quoted $2500 for the same parts and install by a dealership.

If reading instructions is a challenge, limited mechanical skills, or have deep pockets, go with the dealership. Either way, just be sure to atleast do your home work on what you need and want before installing or having it installed.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

You didn't say what year truck. GMC/Chevy changed the bed in 2020, so make sure when you purchase the hitch, it is for the correct year.

I would set up the hitch height to its middle setting, and see what happens when you put the trailer on it. Carry the tools with you to change the hitch height yourself, and make the adjustments yourself if needed. Torque wrench for the 200+ lbs required isn't that expensive, and Harbor Freight ones (<$100) are actually pretty accurate. Several times a year I check the torque on my hitch and pin box to make sure they are good. Don't trust the dealer on the torque, mine was supposed to have been torqued by my dealer before I picked my trailer up, and they were over 60 lbs less than called for.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Theorem

I have the Curt A16 with the puck system for my F-350. I have the legs attached to the bottom setting which gives me 6" of clearance. The 303RLS may sit a little higher than my 295RL due to the 16" wheels.

I agree with Wileykid. Carry a torque wrench and the proper socket and adjust as required.
    2022 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 7.3
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 F150 SC SB XLT Sport 3.5 EB Max Tow - Sold
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 260RD - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast