User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job. Glad that is behind you. Now we need pics!!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma1973 View Post
    We got the new 390 home yesterday afternoon. I decided to back it down the road off of the main road (after you guys giving that advice). Of course there was a car parked on the road just across the street (first time in a month)so we asked them to move and they did. I kept the unit tight to the driveway as I backed everything past the driveway. I pulled forward and as the TV rear tires passed the far edge of driveway I angled across the street until rear axle cleared driveway. Then started to back her in. The stars and planets must have all been aligned just right. One try and bam, she was parked. Then a relief breath and hope there is no residential ordinance or anything that says she can't sit there for a few weeks.
    Thanks again to all of you for replying and helping out.
    Good job! Congrats on the new rig and all the fun that comes with getting it ready. Have you already found out that it is actually easier than the bass boat? With that length they don't react as quick which tends to make it easier.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the new 390 home yesterday afternoon. I decided to back it down the road off of the main road (after you guys giving that advice). Of course there was a car parked on the road just across the street (first time in a month)so we asked them to move and they did. I kept the unit tight to the driveway as I backed everything past the driveway. I pulled forward and as the TV rear tires passed the far edge of driveway I angled across the street until rear axle cleared driveway. Then started to back her in. The stars and planets must have all been aligned just right. One try and bam, she was parked. Then a relief breath and hope there is no residential ordinance or anything that says she can't sit there for a few weeks.
    Thanks again to all of you for replying and helping out.
    Congrats on a job well done! Now you get to play and explore in your new rig!

Enjoy!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,
    This is my first post. Goofy question. I am not sure where to put it or how to word it, so here it goes. We are not new to fifth wheels, but it has been some time. We pick up our new 390RK this coming weekend (towing with dually long bed). We are staying in an Airbnb for another month before hitting the road full time. We would like to park the new camper in the driveway so we can load/organize/customize some things before hitting the road. We have never had a rig as big as this one. The house is at the end of a road just before a small cul de sac. The driveway is roughly 48' from house to the road. The road has curbs. Road is roughly 3 cars wide. The driveway is 2 cars wide. So, I think I can do it, but I am not sure. Like I said, never had a rig this big. No place to turn around so either park, or have to back rig out about 1/4 mile.
    Looking to see if anyone has any tips/calculators/formulas, etc to help with this. Maybe we have to find a parking lot and make a mock of driveway, etc to see if I can do it. IDK. Thank you for reading this.

It's not always easy and will take a learning process to get the hang of it. My rural back road is only 17' wide, has a drainage culvert on my side of the road and a telephone pole and mailbox to deal with on the opposite side of the road. To make matters worse I can only come down my road with my driveway on my right so I always have to back in from my blind side. My driveway was single width at the bottom and then opened up to a decent sized parking area. I had no problem with my last TT but once I got the 337RLS 5er it was a whole different ballgame. No matter what I tried my front truck tire would go on to my neighbors property by about 18" from the edge of the road. I ended up getting a permit to widen the driveway, I had to have a big tree removed and have 60' of new culvert pipe installed to get a really wide driveway entrance. It's 52' wide from point to point where the apron meets the existing roadway and then cuts back to about 38' wide going back to where I park the RV next to the garage. $8k in labor and materials but it needed to be done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230228_060643_Photos.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	45081
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123